The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Toronto Maple Laffs | February 4, 2021 | 4 p.m. PT | SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

1 hour ago, janisahockeynut said:

I know this sounds rotten but

IMO, Aqualini should not agree to any trades this season

Just ride it out and take our lumps

If he wants to hire a new GM, that is fine

If he wants to hire a new coach, that is fine

But no trading assets while we are down

No trading 1st and 2nds while we are down

Nor at season's end.......

We will have cap space and time to figure a new plan of attack

It could get rough, but ride it out

We are not the worst team in the league or even the division, so just ride it out

It just is not the time to make big player changes

Coaches, and GM's, I am OK with

Sorry for quoting myself, but something that is getting over looked  is that Aqualini is making very little money off the season, whether he wins or looses

and probably would rather no have to have the playoffs to poor more money into...;such as travel and accommodation, etc

Just now, khay said:

Not really. Avs were last place team by a wide margin. Don't think we will be that bad.

But maybe we miss the playoffs, hopefully we can grab Cale Makar level player from the draft. But then, there's no junior hockey... evaluating talent will be difficult.

They might even postpone this year's draft because of Covid. So we'll have a big 4 headed horse of Powers, Wright, Savoie, and Lambert if they do

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, khay said:

Not really. Avs were last place team by a wide margin. Don't think we will be that bad.

But maybe we miss the playoffs, hopefully we can grab Cale Makar level player from the draft. But then, there's no junior hockey... evaluating talent will be difficult.

Brandt Clarke plays in Europe. Powers plays in College. A good chunk of the top 10 players are still playing.

• Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

Or maybe you could just let people vent a bit without being pretentious about it. I usually agree with most of your posts but c’mon man. If being blown out against the leafs isn’t reason to complain a bit then I don’t know what is. 

I 'hate' the Leafs as much as anyone here.  And hate losing to that city.

But I see you sidestepped the irony - about kicking people when they're down.    

If you don't approve  - (and certainly no one would want that in a team-mate) - then why approach your team in precisely that way?

That's the ugly point here.

For me, even the way you frame your objection is odd - no one is stopping you from venting.  You're the moderator here.

If I had the power to "let people vent" or not, I couldn't care less to exercise it.  But I'd "let" the counterpoint be vented - and that's what that was.

I take your point that it's probably a waste of time and words that will be received the wrong way.

I'm not here to be yet another enabler of the  'poor-me/poor us' / 'we' suck thing that runs rampant constantly in here.   I should know better by now though - these GDT/PGTs are not something I should engage in.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, kilgore said:

Listening to Green that the team "looks tired"

WTF?

What does he mean tired? 

Tired sleepy? Not getting enough sleep?

Tired mentally? They're not sharp enough? The other team is out thinking them?

Tired physically?  Green is bag skating them too much?

Tired of hockey, playing on a recently gutted team?

Just seems like a strange word to use to use as an excuse.  Only 14 games played ffs.

Maybe meant tired of losing 

• Vintage 2

6 hours ago, dougieL said:

Might be time to get Taylor Hall...

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

So our team is broken. 

Can’t expect to get rid of the backbone of the Canucks system for the last six years in Markstrom and Tanev, and a top flight scorer in Toffoli and expect the same product this time around.

I don’t think we’re anywhere near the GM’s head. But Green and co have to figure out the D of this team. They’re cheating all over the place with their positioning and their passing like a well oiled elite team. And they get burned almost every time.

There’s enough talent on this team to score two, three goals a game. That’s not a worry. But there’s also enough talent on this team to stop three to four more goals a night.

Edited by Me_
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1