The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Toronto Maple Laffs | February 4, 2021 | 4 p.m. PT | SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

3 minutes ago, canuktravella said:

One thats sick of losing 5-3 7-1  to habs giving toffoli 8 goals in 5 games. A fan that doesnt like when a younger player that gets  pressboxed after being top 3 player on  team the game before while bad vets mail it in.  Sick when coach has no adaptabilty on systems or special teams  when   their methods arent working.

Ok you’re upset I get it. I mean we haven’t played much other then vs Montreal and Ottawa. Don’t you wanna see how things go against another team. I don’t think anyone’s getting fired mid season man especially when Green doesn’t even have a contract next year. Have a tough time seeing Benning coach while new coaches quarantine.

Cheer for your team man 

• Cheers 3

3 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

If we don't make the playoffs I wouldn't be surprised to see us simply walk away from him. Choosing to hire someone once a coach's contract has expired doesn't quite have the same impact as firing a guy. Brown and Baumgartner had better be gone regardless of whether Green stays or not.

I call for the latter two to be turfed every game, but the reality is it's probably a pain to find quality assistants during the season. Hiring and firing coaches is made more complicated by the realities of Covid too. 

Yes thank you. I don’t see it happening. I’d be surprised if anyone gets fired this season across the NHL. It’s too complicated unless maybe the GM is comfortable doing the duties.

I’ll personally reserve judgement at the end of the season. Would probably do good to get some new assistants at the end of the day but I ain’t going to sit here and whine about it because I don’t see it happening during this season. I’m just happy to be watching hockey that’s all I can say about that. Could have easily not even of had a season.

Regardless of this seasons outcome, some changes, young players growth, and maybe some player movement. The cores there. We should still be damn excited even if not in this moment 

• Cheers 2

9 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

Ok you’re upset I get it. I mean we haven’t played much other then vs Montreal and Ottawa. Don’t you wanna see how things go against another team. I don’t think anyone’s getting fired mid season man especially when Green doesn’t even have a contract next year. Have a tough time seeing Benning coach while new coaches quarantine.

Cheer for your team man 

i do cheer but willie got us one playoff sweep and  green got us game seven from knocking off vegas  thats it since gillis its depressing af.    Assistants  need to be fired minimum   right away  if green cant adapt fire him in offseason  we can use a top 5 pick  to help  owen power or luke hughes please.  Coach benning might be fun to watch like coach pat quinn. 

• Cheers 2

9 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

Edmonton for me. We should never lose to EDM lol

yeah only problem with that is Mcdavid and Draisatil, carry them too W's every night, so if one of em get injured, there gunna get 1st OA again.

Edited by TNucks1