The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Toronto Maple Laffs | February 4, 2021 | 4 p.m. PT | SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

5 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Toffoli definitely needed to be retained.. 

Horvat Miller have both expressed their feelings on how important it was to retain Toffoli.. we all knew how good of a player he is.. 

It goes beyond on ice amd hes great on ice.. He's a player...

JB got cold feet after his mistakes in past UFA signings mistakes....bottom line..

Fair points. To me Toffoli was brought in to get us to the playoff as we thought Boeser was done for the years. Offence hasn’t been the problem here. A timely goal on the pp sure but we are already a very offensive team. Even with our top guys not playing to what they can we are running at 3.38 GF. Also we were pretty damn good in the playoffs when Toffoli was hurt. Defence has been the issue here for awhile now 

• Vintage 1

8 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Man.. as some of you guys might know i spent most of last few years in Edmonton. . Back in whiterock. . So beautiful here and no ice/snow for 7 months out of year

I watched many games live before covid hit..

Mcdavid is something else.. too good. Best player by far in NHL

yeah big fan of him, just hate when he gets whiney or divas around to much. that goal from a few days ago was unreal.
EDIT: Cant wait to see what he does in the winter olympics, probs just gunna dominate.

Edited by TNucks1

3 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

The thing with losing to the Leafs is that we will be hearing it after the game as well. They have a large fan base, so it’s likely you know a friend or a close family member who is a die-hard Leafs fan; plus, the big media personalities are from there. There may be other reasons too, but I find that is generally why I find the Leafs game to be must-win games.

Not to mention, their fans seem to always invade our building during home games at Rogers Arena, in pre-COVID times.

Admittedly, the media and fanbase are the biggest reasons I hate the Leafs. The players themselves? I'm glad we don't have most of them, but I wouldn't say I actively dislike any of em. 

Just now, Coconuts said:

Admittedly, the media and fanbase are the biggest reasons I hate the Leafs. The players themselves? I'm glad we don't have most of them, but I wouldn't say I actively dislike any of em. 

dunno what it is about nylander, good player but cant stand him lol.

8 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

The thing with losing to the Leafs is that we will be hearing it after the game as well. They have a large fan base, so it’s likely you know a friend or a close family member who is a die-hard Leafs fan; plus, the big media personalities are from there. There may be other reasons too, but I find that is generally why I find the Leafs game to be must-win games.

Not to mention, their fans seem to always invade our building during home games at Rogers Arena, in pre-COVID times.

Were not going to lose.. 

I think its going to be a good game we win 3-4

15 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

I wonder if COVID scared players a bit too. I know for me personally it’s effected the way I do things especially when it comes to finances. Last offseason it felt like a lot of players got jumpy and just signed when they got term from a team. I remember Stecher saying he couldn’t wait any longer and it was only like day 2 of free agency 

I think you are right on that point.. 

It was a stressful situation. . I was living in Edmonton my sons go university at UofA and the city just died.  

Work just died. Ppl couldn't pay bills..

Edited by WHL rocks
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Squamfan said:

image.thumb.png.e9b3fa5e1023498927876bdb365ed030.png

What a crock of crap 

Benning could have kept Toffoli and Tanev and Markstrom but picked a safer route .

There was enough room cap wise do all this. 

Toffoli , Tanev and Markstrom = $14,750,000 cap 

Do not sign Holtby , Schmidt, Virtanen , $12,800,000 . Buy out Bartschi move Eriksson and Roussel  to the minors. savings of over 3 Mill.

So dont tell me he could not aford it . 

Jim's problem is he cant think out side of the box . Signing our young stars could be solved next year. Hughes is showing how much he misses Tanev . Talking to Calgary fans they are saying Tanev is there second best D man. And Markstrom is God.

Jim may be a good scout but is the poorest GM at managing his assets. 

These moves he made and didnt will get him fired this year.

This is the worst team I have seen in a long time. And its going to get real ugly.

Edited by vannuck59
  • Cheers 1