The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mafia: Vaccine Dreams

Rate this topic

luckylager

4 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

How 2 mafia

What does this demand of me, will it interfere with my posting gifs in the GDT

Mafia games consist of two opposing factions; One good team (the town) and one evil team (the mafia). The goal for the town is to eliminate all the members of the mafia, whereas the mafia team wins by achieving equal numbers with the town, since at that point they can?t lose.

All members of the town are informed only of their own identity; they have no idea what roles other players in the game have. The mafia team, on the other hand, has the advantage that they all know each other?s identities. However, the town starts the game with more members than the mafia. For example, in a 9-player game, you might expect there to be 2 mafia and 7 townies. In this sense, the game is often referred to as a battle between the uninformed majority and the informed minority.

The game comes down to whether the town can sniff out the evil mafia members before it is too late.

• Huggy Bear 2
10 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

How 2 mafia

What does this demand of me, will it interfere with my posting gifs in the GDT

It really doesn't take much time to keep up with the thread and write a few posts.

Some players post a lot, others don't. If I had to ballpark an actual time requirement, I'd say 20mins a day would be sufficient.

• Huggy Bear 1
19 hours ago, BoKnows said:

Mafia games consist of two opposing factions; One good team (the town) and one evil team (the mafia). The goal for the town is to eliminate all the members of the mafia, whereas the mafia team wins by achieving equal numbers with the town, since at that point they can?t lose.

All members of the town are informed only of their own identity; they have no idea what roles other players in the game have. The mafia team, on the other hand, has the advantage that they all know each other?s identities. However, the town starts the game with more members than the mafia. For example, in a 9-player game, you might expect there to be 2 mafia and 7 townies. In this sense, the game is often referred to as a battle between the uninformed majority and the informed minority.

The game comes down to whether the town can sniff out the evil mafia members before it is too late.

Hmm.. but what if the mafia members aren't evil? Or is that something a mafia guy would say?

19 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

Negative. You’re cleared for gifs. 

Image result for the godfather gif

19 hours ago, luckylager said:

It really doesn't take much time to keep up with the thread and write a few posts.

Some players post a lot, others don't. If I had to ballpark an actual time requirement, I'd say 20mins a day would be sufficient.

Guess I'll wing it, I'm usually here once a day or more anyway 

• Cheers 3
  • Huggy Bear 1
2 hours ago, Coconuts said:

Hmm.. but what if the mafia members aren't evil? Or is that something a mafia guy would say?

All mafia are evil, they are trying to go after the vaccine! Not cool man.

I did a read of the last game before I played, if you have a minute to check out the last one, you'll pick it up quick, or get an idea of the voting and how shartpooper cheats to win

• Haha 2
  • Huggy Bear 1

Roster -

1) @BoKnows

2) @DarthMelvin

3) @Alain Vigneault

4) @falcon45ca

5) @Davathor

6) @Sharpshooter

7) @Master Radishes

8) @Your Mom @Blue Jay 22

9) @stone cold @GoCanucks16

10) @J-23

11) @Qwags

12) @Coconuts

Set-up is finalized, and balanced..

Thinking I'm gonna rand now, send out some PM's and start this puppy early. Please check OP at game start for important updates.

1st NF will be Thursday @10pm PST. 

Wait on my signal for game start. Feel free to mess around until then. I might be a while.

Edited by luckylager
  • Huggy Bear 2
13 hours ago, Coconuts said:

The game is simple.

If you’re Mafia, tell me.

• Haha 1
  • Huggy Bear 1