The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Possible coaching candidates

Firing Green would be a mistake. No one is available. Let this year ride out. The assistants should be fired before Green. Baumgartner and Brown have had their chance. In addition, it's not Green's fault he lost Marky, Tanev, and Toffoli. I've been a JB supporter but you have to retain one of Tanev or Toffoli in that situation.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

Firing Green would be a mistake. No one is available. Let this year ride out. The assistants should be fired before Green. Baumgartner and Brown have had their chance. In addition, it's not Green's fault he lost Marky, Tanev, and Toffoli. I've been a JB supporter but you have to retain one of Tanev or Toffoli in that situation.

But it is Greens fault he lost the team

• Huggy Bear 1

1 minute ago, Squamfan said:

gerrad gallant

Mike babcock

I think there would be some financial obligation to the Maple Leafs if we signed Babcock. If that's true I don't see it being an option. Gallant has moved around quite a bit as well. He would prob be the best option but what if he isn't interested? Then we're hooped.

I don’t think it has much to do with the coach why they’re so bad. But I think Benning will fire Green anyways. Gallant is available I believe. I would want him if we don’t keep Green.

But Benning needs to go. Too many mistakes for too long. Some good moves yes but there have been far too many questionable and just outright bad moves that even the average fan can see they’re bad

• Huggy Bear 1

This team is looking like a bunch of clowns. Our supposed best players, are our worst. Petey looks out of sorts, tripping over his shadow, passing to the other team.

Hughes is constantly getting caught up ice and - 9. I don't know what is up with JT. There seems to only be a handful of guys playing right now.

Possibly a cancer in the room, because these guys are not playing like a team

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Trollup5 said:

This team is looking like a bunch of clowns. Our supposed best players, are our worst. Petey looks out of sorts, tripping over his shadow, passing to the other team.

Hughes is constantly getting caught up ice and - 9. I don't know what is up with JT. There seems to only be a handful of guys playing right now.

Possibly a cancer in the room, because these guys are not playing like a team

Did you really make a new account to protect your main account?

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

Green and his assistants are responsible for this product. The GM has already made his moves, in anticipation for the expansion draft. The cap crunch requires Benning to do some creative financial management.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Dazzle said:

Green and his assistants are responsible for this product. The GM has already made his moves, in anticipation for the expansion draft. The cap crunch requires Benning to do some creative financial management.

I understand all of that and agree. I'm not absolving the coaching staff by any means. I also understand why JB had to let those guys go. But let's be real, this product is more to do with having a trash defense than a 'bad' coach. We lost Tanev and Stecher. Both those guys are better than their replacements (Schmidt and Juolevi/Chatfield). This was always going to be a year we took a step back, I just don't see how people are this surprised by it.

I got flamed pre season for suggesting that the Canucks would struggle due to having a poor defense, yet here we are. People are upset because they were delusional in their expectations so naturally, it's the coaches fault. IIRC, both Lebrun and Friedman have said that Green is very well respected throughout the league and would be scooped up in an instant.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

You do realize we are in a cap crunch because of Benning right? He put together this team loaded with dead cap space. 

• Like 1