The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Toronto Maple Laffs | February 6, 2021 | 4 p.m. PT | NHLN, CBC, TVAS, SN, CITY

Rate this topic

-SN-

4 minutes ago, Raspberries said:

when will we be happy watching our Canucks again??

I don't know, but I'm growing tired of watching this kind of trash hockey. The effort stinks, the system is non-existent and any system they have is exposed. They continue to turnover, blow tires, break sticks, turnover, turnover, failed clearing attempt. missed the puck, pass just a little off the mark, dumped the puck in but nobody there, feel down, a few seconds behind the play. 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, MNaslund?? said:

What else is he gonna do.  Have you looked at this guys roster and what he has to work with.  The problem is with the GM. Look at the players we lost dude. This team was almost in the conference finals last year and Green was the coach 

More roster tinkering is needed - obviously!

1 minute ago, Down by the River said:

The thing about this year's draft is that there is no definitive #1 (Power is the favorite) but also there are so few games being played that there is basically no way to know who has taken a step/who belongs as the #1 pick. Winning the draft lottery this year would be a curse (unless they push the actual draft to 2022). 

Speaking of the winning the draft lottery, I'm glad we didn't win it in 2017.

• Upvote 1

Just now, VforVirtanen said:

So honest question. If Green is the problem as many claim why do so many think Virtanen should be traded exactly?

Wouldn’t a new coach be able to coach him to success?

These are all bandaid solution, but let’s face it. Our problems are roster related and we’re stuck until a few of these contracts die out.

• Cheers 1