The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Toronto Maple Laffs | February 6, 2021 | 4 p.m. PT | NHLN, CBC, TVAS, SN, CITY

Rate this topic

-SN-

23 minutes ago, EddieVedder said:

Those type of warriors are why most love hockey.  Personally i cant stand how this league is turning into disney on ice.  

On a side note... remember when Nash traded Weber for Subban and how most fans felt Nash won the deal simply because Subban was a little younger and skated a little better?  Montreal won the deal and Shea is still a beast.  Everyone underestimates intangibles like leadership, toughness and intensity. 

I agree Montreal won the Subban / Weber deal.. but OTOH you have a guy like Brent Seabrook who’s won a few cups, tough and same age as Weber... 

Funny how some guys (like Chara too) who defy age.

2 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Kind of annoying that Juolevi is having a hard time slotting in.

Baumer doesn’t trust him somehow yet the D core he assembled is responsible for the worst goals against in the league.

Tell me how exactly Juolevi is going to hurt our chances? Gotta get him developing. His strengths are exactly what this team needs on the back end. Calm and a good first pass.

The irony is, many people on this board don't trust Baumer and want him terminated, myself included. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, EddieVedder said:

Those type of warriors are why most love hockey.  Personally i cant stand how this league is turning into disney on ice.  

On a side note... remember when Nash traded Weber for Subban and how most fans felt Nash won the deal simply because Subban was a little younger and skated a little better?  Montreal won the deal and Shea is still a beast.  Everyone underestimates intangibles like leadership, toughness and intensity. 

I was at the Nucks vs. Leafs game last season and some idiot there called me a racist because I said that Weber is the better player and that the Habs won the trade. :lol:

Edited by Herberts Vasiljevs
  • Haha 1

You guys here about Cheifs asst coach Brit Reid. ... head coach Andy Reids son..

Smashed into 2 cars drunk and high on pills.

5 year old child in hospital with life threatening injuries.  4 year old in hospital with non life threatening injuries. 

Prayers for the children and their families. 

• Like 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

33 minutes ago, rekker said:

I've watched a lot of games this year, both East and West games. It's like an All Star game out there. The physicality is disappearing from the game. I hope this is in part to the lack of emotion and energy missing with no fans for these players. It must be odd for them. Combine the Disney on ice with the, let's call everything" and it's turning into shadow of itself. 

Meh it’s the same with other sports and not just the NHL. Most sports are becoming “soft” because of the reality of concussions and the long term affect of it. The NFL is a prime example. Targeting and helmet to helmet hits are resulting in ejections because of the concern for player safety and the longevity of careers. No different than the NHL. Open ice hits and finishing checks in general aren’t as prevalent as they used to be due to the repercussions and also the speed of the game. Two of my favourite athletes as a kid were Ray Lewis and Scott Stevens. Violent players by today’s standards and their game wouldn’t translate all that well to this day and age.  It makes sense given the reality of what’s happening to athletes post career and the long term affect on the brain. It sucks because a lot of us grew up witnessing a total different style of play but the reality is the hard hitting, rough and tumble style of sports is fading and we are going to have to adapt to it. A positive out of it is athletes today are as good or better than they have ever been.

• Cheers 2

38 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Loui is going to be playing tomorrow. I say if he does go on, to be supportive and wish him well. 

At this point, why not?

No no no this is not the true you speaking right now...

Come On Reaction GIF by GIPHY News

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Kind of annoying that Juolevi is having a hard time slotting in.

Baumer doesn’t trust him somehow yet the D core he assembled is responsible for the worst goals against in the league.

Tell me how exactly Juolevi is going to hurt our chances? Gotta get him developing. His strengths are exactly what this team needs on the back end. Calm and a good first pass.

Juolevi is a +2 this season during all this terrible D. 

I don't see him as the problem even if he's been somewhat sheltered. Give him more to chew on.

• Upvote 1