The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Toronto Maple Laffs | February 6, 2021 | 4 p.m. PT | NHLN, CBC, TVAS, SN, CITY

Rate this topic

-SN-

1 hour ago, rekker said:

I've watched a lot of games this year, both East and West games. It's like an All Star game out there. The physicality is disappearing from the game. I hope this is in part to the lack of emotion and energy missing with no fans for these players. It must be odd for them. Combine the Disney on ice with the, let's call everything" and it's turning into shadow of itself. 

Yeah the game has changed to become more managed...

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

You guys here about Cheifs asst coach Brit Reid. ... head coach Andy Reids son..

Smashed into 2 cars drunk and high on pills.

5 year old child in hospital with life threatening injuries.  4 year old in hospital with non life threatening injuries. 

Prayers for the children and their families. 

Brutal. Really hope those kids pull through ok. :( 

Britt Reid also has previous convictions for road rage (pulled a gun on another driver) and DUI. 

Sounds like a family ran out of gas on an on ramp and then another family member drove over to help. While they were trying to get the car started (with the kids sitting in the backseat), Reid smashed into both vehicles.

Don’t know if Reid was high (drugs in his system were apparently prescription Adderall), but certainly sounds like he was drunk. 

Reid’s brother also had a history of DUI, and later was caught smuggling drugs into prison, while serving his sentence. Eventually he died of a heroin OD.

I can feel for the Reid family, when it comes to their struggles with addiction issues and resulting tragedies, but I have very little sympathy for drunk drivers, especially repeat offenders.

Edited by SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME

13 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Britt Reid also has previous convictions for road rage (pulled a gun on another driver) and DUI. 

Sounds like a family ran out of gas on an on ramp and then another family member drove over to help. While they were trying to get the car started (with the kids sitting in the backseat), Reid smashed into both vehicles.

Don’t know if Reid was high (drugs in his system were apparently prescription Adderall), but certainly sounds like he was drunk. 

Reid’s brother also had a history of DUI, and later was caught smuggling drugs into prison, while serving his sentence. Eventually he died of a heroin OD.

I can feel for the Reid family, when it comes to their struggles with addiction issues and resulting tragedies, but I have very little sympathy for drunk drivers, especially repeat offenders.

Ouch. Thoughts to all involved.

In the UK it’s illegal to drive on motorways without the required fuel in the tank, precisely because of issues like this of coming to a stop on an on/off ramp and another car ploughing into you.

also if you do breakdown the Highway Code dictates you get out the vehicle straight away and step back onto the grass bank (where possible) you don’t leave the kids in the back seat.

I’m not giving any excuse to Britt Ried but it seems the family didn’t take reasonable steps to be safe. 

37 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Ya sid. 

As a father of two children i pray those two little kids pull thru.

Prayers for them and their families. 

• Huggy Bear 1

Canucks Nation 

Check this out.  

What kind of bull crap is this. These ppl have no idea what hockey is. They don't know Simmonds is one of the best fighters in the league and he ran a young kid from behind. 

I bet my bottom dollar Jordie knew he was in tough on that fight... but he stood up and showed heart.. this is not right to publish something like this.. 

Im so Choked 

https://news.google.com/articles/CAIiEKP1H8PpZzqK22ebFagd0A4qFQgEKgwIACoFCAowwGUwkAMwgO7lBQ?hl=en-US&gl=US&ceid=US%3Aen

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Canucks Nation 

Check this out.  

What kind of bull crap is this. These ppl have no idea what hockey is. They don't know Simmonds is one of the best fighters in the league and he ran a young kid from behind. 

I bet my bottom dollar Jordie knew he was in tough on that fight... but he stood up and showed heart.. this is not right to publish something like this.. 

Im so Choked 

https://news.google.com/articles/CAIiEKP1H8PpZzqK22ebFagd0A4qFQgEKgwIACoFCAowwGUwkAMwgO7lBQ?hl=en-US&gl=US&ceid=US%3Aen

Its TMZ "sports"... cant expect much less hahah.

What sports fan would even read that crap?

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Maginator said:

Its TMZ "sports"... cant expect much less hahah.

What sports fan would even read that crap?

So it only matters what sports fans think of him? Hes got a family friend nieces nephews children of his own...

This is mainstream. . We can't let them do this when any player loses a fight.. person writing this article probably hasn't watched a game of hockey in their life.

This is bull s#=t

• Cheers 2

49 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Canucks Nation 

Check this out.  

Im so Choked 

TMZ sports, as they say, fake news.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

5 on 5 we're already in pk mode as it is

I don't think it's a on ice thing 

I think it's a locker room thing.

Loui will help on ice being defensively responsible and being a veteran leader in locker room.imho

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, rekker said:

I've watched a lot of games this year, both East and West games. It's like an All Star game out there. The physicality is disappearing from the game. I hope this is in part to the lack of emotion and energy missing with no fans for these players. It must be odd for them. Combine the Disney on ice with the, let's call everything" and it's turning into shadow of itself. 

Burke took the time to show some tape of what sort of bs the refs are calling these days - which for sure is a big part of the problem.   Way way way too many soft calls, little tugs called for hooks,  a tap to the shins called for slashes etc...not a fan of this trend at all.   Must be hard for the players to find the line when many games the line is ridiculously low.  

Burke said  something about looking at games with ten penalties called thinning wow must have been a rough game - then looks at the penalties called and it's disgraceful really - 20 years ago if that was the case it would have meant the game was a very rough "barnburner" with a lot of blood spilled... hope Burke and others (he mentioned he wasn't the only one concerned about this) keep this dialogue going up.   Love women's hockey too, it's fast skilled and entertaining, in a year or two if this keeps up the product won't be much different which is a shame ... NHL shouldn't be called like this - hitting and rough stuff is a layer of entertainment the game is slowly losing.   Now finishing a check comes up in the hit column....

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

Canucks Nation 

Check this out.  

Im so Choked 

What a joke of an article.   It wasn't much of a fight - the way the author wrote this you'd think Benn was up against prime Probert (who Simmonds would last five seconds against) "13 straight haymakers in a row and the all connected" is some of the fakest hockey news i've ever read.   Watch the fight - ONE punch connected, a few grazes and that's it - Benn held on and before he even had a chance to fire back the refs broke it up...wasn't much of a fight, Benn did his best Dana Murzyn for which he deserves props for.   

If you want to watch a real fight - Mike Keane's name was discussed a week or so back in a different thread .... Simmonds wouldn't have lasted long against him either - sure he's a gamer, but at best average 20 years ago (Simmonds) against non enforcer types.   Mike Keane vs Scott Walker.   Tootoo, Asham, Rypien ... now  they were great middle weights ... Bieksa was pretty good at it too.. Simmonds is 6'1 182 lbs ... not exactly a heavy is he? 

• Upvote 1