The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Toronto Maple Laffs | February 6, 2021 | 4 p.m. PT | NHLN, CBC, TVAS, SN, CITY

Rate this topic

-SN-

2 hours ago, rekker said:

Well said. There have been times this year where I can't believe what I'm watching. Both the play on the ice, and the soft calls. I watch all games and not just the Canucks. I truly hope this is just a phase or an extreme point in the evolution of the game. Hopefully dials back to a middle ground somewhere. 

The current trend is the game becoming more manged and more of a sideshow (DISNEY ON ICE)...

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

I don’t get sitting Joulevi. Take Chatfield out for a couple let both of them get reps. We need them to be important guys for us in the future 

There’s a certain stubbornness with this coaching staff.

A few brutal losses and the response is to put Eriksson in and not adjust the D?

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

Just now, StealthNuck said:

Eriksson from the taxi squad to the second line. I hope it gives them some jump, but man, that one move tells it all. 

Shows a lack of NHL ready depth if Eriksson is our only answer in the top 6.

Might be time to make a small trade or signing if Eriksson is the only guy on our taxi squad this coaching staff is willing to play.

19 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

When a team uses LTIR the performance bonus that is still attainable gets added to the recall cap hit. Juolevi started the season on the NHL roster so his performance bonus did not have to be factored in.  Now it does if they want to recall him.  

As it happens CapFriendly used Juolevi to explain it last time.  The recall cap should decrease over time as bonuses become no longer attainable (eg bonuses with a minimum number of games to be played) but they are only a quarter into the season.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

14 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

I don’t get sitting Joulevi. Take Chatfield out for a couple let both of them get reps. We need them to be important guys for us in the future 

They just doubled his recall cap hit.  They now need to demote 2 players to bring him back up.  The taxi squad is maximum 6 players though and they are at 6.  

• Thanks 1