The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Toronto Maple Laffs | February 6, 2021 | 4 p.m. PT | NHLN, CBC, TVAS, SN, CITY

Rate this topic

-SN-

We have several players that are stars who are slumping at the same time. 

The common denominator is the coaching team through this time. 

Is there a better option to replace some of them? Hells yeah. Green who is an armature coach unwisely surrounded himself with an amateur coaching staff.

with all that said is it worth it to shine the spot light even brighter on our young players? Especially in a season where the coach coming in wouldn’t have much practice time with the team? 

Having systems is about having a plan that can enable the type talent we have to play at their very best. But when a system and the talent don’t fit the result is this mess we are witnessing. 

The teams changed, but the coaches and the systems have stayed the same failing to adjust and adapt to the amazing talent coming in. Think about it Petey would have had the same amazing rookie and sophomore season regardless of who the coach was. Quinn would have had the success in his rookie season. On and on we go with all our other players. 

The out dated systems the Canucks coaching staff has decided to use hasn’t  changed with the team, and  if not for the talented  players we have had coming in the past few years, we would have seen this play out sooner than now.

Just looking at the schedule the time to make a change is RIGHT NOW, or the season is lost. 

• Cheers 1
  • RoughGame 1

6 minutes ago, knucklehead91 said:

This is the worst the Canucks have ever f***ing played ever as a franchise. This is the worst hockey I’ve ever seen in my life. I’ve never seen a team suck so much. It’s absolutely inexcusable, it’s a f***ing joke. How do you let in FIVE F***ING GOALS EVERY F***ING GAME AND NOT LEARN FROM YOUR MOTHER F***ING MISTAKES. THERE IS NO EXCUSE. 

Sadly, no it isn’t. 

• RoughGame 1

2 minutes ago, EmilyM said:

I may be starting to agree. By Bo’s own admission, he claims he’s a leader by example and not really the guy talking in the room. So when things are going rough, maybe they’re rudderless when it comes to someone needing to rally and unify the troops.

I agree. You lead by example. It really is as simple as that. If you're the leader, you should be the one rallying the troops, not Miller. 

• RoughGame 1

1 minute ago, khay said:

I would assume that Gillis and Aquillini aren't on good terms. But yeah, we need someone like him to build around the roster.

We do have a great core of young players to build around.

Gillis would actually be perfect , we have lots of pieces to work around . But man benning has really ruined our cap .

• RoughGame 1