The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Toronto Maple Laffs | February 6, 2021 | 4 p.m. PT | NHLN, CBC, TVAS, SN, CITY

Rate this topic

1 minute ago, Smashian Kassian said:

He put this team together. Travis can only coach what he's given. 

Benning is gone before Green, for me. 

We were crap defensively last year and the year before.

Games 4-7 vs Vegas pretty much told the story of this team. If our goalies aren't standing on their heads we aren't winning.

Both need to go.

• Thanks 2
  • Hydration 1
1 minute ago, DarthMelvin said:

Im not one for firing coaches as we deal with million dollar professionals. But we need to start somewhere.

Maybe a fresh set of eyes to fix the defense.

Start with the eyes and then let’s quickly get the rest of the body parts too for our D

• Hydration 1
4 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Sadly, no it isn’t. 

Exactly - remember Bill LaForge making them do laps round the Coliseum parking lot in full hockey gear?

• Hydration 1
Just now, PhillipBlunt said:

Benning isn’t getting a pass this time. He’s done too. 

One thing I wonder about when not if Green is fired, who coaches until say Gallant can join the team?

I wonder if Benning even has a say in things anymore? He has said he wanted to extend Green but uses the pandemic as a reason it hasn't happened.

Maybe he just wasn't allowed since he himself may have pissed of Aqua man and any new GM would want his own guy? Just strikes me as odd that they have to see how things go money wise in order to sign a coach.

• RoughGame 1

"Vancouver is fun to play against right now.  Where are the guys that are sore losers?  That's the most alarming thing right now." 

Kevin Bieksa talking a minute ago about nobody on this team showing any fight.  

• Thanks 1
  • Hydration 3
  • Sad 1
  • RoughGame 3
  • -SN- unfeatured and unpinned this topic