The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Toronto Maple Laffs | February 6, 2021 | 4 p.m. PT | NHLN, CBC, TVAS, SN, CITY

Rate this topic

-SN-

2 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

They are in a fight to win games. They are icing the best team they can.

And clearly they view that as a defense w/ Chatfield on the right instead of Juolevi on the left.

I mean.... our defence has been a disaster. I'm not a Myers basher but based on the last few games there's a guy who could possibly stand to take a break.......

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, StealthNuck said:

Bailey-Sutter-Hoglander is an interesting line. 

Interesting to see both Gaudette and Virtanen out now.

If you can’t play either of these guys regularly maybe it’s time to look at a trade for help on D.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

50 minutes ago, UKNuck96 said:

We are not really blowing a year of QH or EP because the plan is focused on 2022 based on contracts and the such. Most teams that win don’t have the superstars on ELCs but the supporting cast. (Is hogs pod, etc) 

the core we have now will compete when they mature and get the experience, QH and EP will be the established players and hopefully will be on cost controlled contracts. If you wanted to win with EP and QH you would have had to have know just how good they were at the time of drafting which they surprised us by being even better. Not just that they would have had to step into a contending team already which were not.

Fair comments but we need to start developing good habits and systems now 

i fear our tire fire country club non contact losing culture is going to take hold of our core 

time to make the move to legit coaches 

• Cheers 2

Time for Green to think outside the box

Let's face it, Hughes isn't a defenseman. He has 15 points, 7 of which are on the powerplay, where he is + 6 Goal differential (he was on the PP for one shorty - Schmidt was on for the other 2).  He has been on the ice for 14 even strength goals (scored 1 himself) but is a - 9 on even strength goal differential (ie,  been on the ice for 23 even strength goals against.) Next worst is Chatfield at a -3 differential,  then Myers at -2. Best is Schmidt at +5, followed by Juolevi at a + 2 differential 

Clearly his value is not defense, but offence.  So play him there.  Bring in Juolevi in his place on left D and play Hughes as a winger.for a few games. He can still man the point on the PP

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

And clearly they view that as a defense w/ Chatfield on the right instead of Juolevi on the left.

From the previous few pages....it seems we can't have Juolevi in due to cap space...he requires double his salary in cap space now for some weird reason....and somehow Erikkson doesn't...?

4 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Edler Myers

Hughes Schmidt

Juolevi Benn

I dunno but I prefer that balance

• Thanks 3