The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Toronto Maple Laffs | February 6, 2021 | 4 p.m. PT | NHLN, CBC, TVAS, SN, CITY

Rate this topic

-SN-

The Canucks are in their own heads. This game is 50% mental. I think they will come out of it. The only problem is that the season is so short.  The other big issue this year is that you are playing the same team for little mini series. When you see the same team for 3 games straight it makes it more difficult to come out of it. There is no weaker teams to help you out of a slump.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

Just now, T-Bo said:

The only time Ferlund stepped up, was in a meaningless scrap in a meaningless game against LA, where he got his bell rung, and he has never been the same ever since. I feel bad for the guy,  but Benning signed a guy with known concussion issues, at the same time he was burying Baer for the same reasons.  Ferlund is just another one of a long line of cap boat anchors, compliments of Benning.

Yet , was a big part why Calgary won a series against us. Hindsight is 20/20.

• Cheers 1

Just now, Arrow 1983 said:

Try the players fault these are all NHL players

Doesn’t matter, if my staff didn’t do what I told them to do my ass would be on the line, that’s the job of a coach, get them to do what you want them to do and if they don’t you’re the failure.

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, OntarioCanucker said:

He seems to be very stubborn, and doesn't evolve with the game.  When you are losing this bad, 5 games in a row now, one would think you might try tinkering with the defence and not just the forwards. He just keeps trying to force good things with the D. and it is not going well.

What can he do with the Defence 

Change one and you get guys on there off side

Just now, Wolfgang Durst said:

I am OK with your statement, BUT I think the assistants (Baumer and Brown) should be part of the house cleaning, too.

Everyone in the coaching staff besides a few(like Ian Clarke) and the both the AGM and GM is what I implied from clean house. Brown and Baumer especially.

• Vintage 1

Just now, Dumb Nuck said:

Doesn’t matter, if my staff didn’t do what I told them to do my ass would be on the line, that’s the job of a coach, get them to do what you want them to do and if they don’t you’re the failure.

Yes that is how things do work but what if you bring in a new coach and nothing changes 

1 major assumption Green firing callers are assuming is it is Greens fault

• Upvote 1

You already know what I'm going to say.

Another night, another 5 goals in the back of our net.  It really, really makes you wonder.

The clock is ticking, Mr. Benning...

Edited by Alain Vigneault
  • Huggy Bear 1

2 minutes ago, ilduce39 said:

Maybe but I think this year that’s a lot harder to do anyways with the quarantine and everything.  

Ownership has to sign off on trades, too.  With the way things are going we might even be sellers.

Sutter, Pearson, Edler and Benn would all have value. 

Yip. Maybe even Hamonic if he is healthy and finds his game.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, nux4lyfe said:

Yet , was a big part why Calgary won a series against us. Hindsight is 20/20.

lol.  Refs swallowed their whistles (among other organic material) during that playoff series.

How many bodies would be left laying on the ice if Torres were given that privilage in 2011?

• Haha 1