The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Toronto Maple Laffs | February 6, 2021 | 4 p.m. PT | NHLN, CBC, TVAS, SN, CITY

Rate this topic

-SN-

29 minutes ago, nucksnavsfan said:

I have more of a problem with the Personnel Benning has signed 

he got himself into trouble with bad contracts and it’s made it impossible to get the right player in now to take advantage of the young core’s prime years 

There is a serious problem with the making of this team, they are not playing as one and changes need to happen!

1 minute ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

umm . He said he thinks they came out prepared. They didn't get a shot for the first 9 min and they took two penalties. Is that prepared??

Green was in straight denial mode postgame.

• Cheers 1

Just now, Arrow 1983 said:

they are doing great 

I hope they are in the locker room giving them hugs and comforting their sad faces making them laugh and cheering them up

Now you talking!  Dont forget the warm milk and cookies b4 tucking them into bed

Disappointing to watch to watch this team right now - when they were confident, there was this swagger present which is obviously lacking.  Like many have said, goaltending masked the teams defensive problems the past few years - asking big players like Myers to jump in on the rush and always the attacking D approach is taxing. Personally, I would rather he just stay back and play solid D and keep help keep the darn puck out of the net / provide good outlet passes. Maybe try something like what Anaheim did with their D system in the late 2000s - both small mobile D and big stay at home one. 

By the way, why is OJ not playing especially the last few games where the team has not been very good. I hope he is not hurt or planning to trade him. The team has to be careful in their trades.  As bad as JV is playing, he wasn't in the lineup tonight as the team was not much better if not worse - don't make a trade just for the sake of making one - scout the return player carefully please. GLTA

6 hours ago, debluvscanucks said:

"Haven't progressed"?  I'd say they have.  They're off right now....but, as I said...have some patience before you decide.

It's not about being "different" it's about gaining experience.  Goaltenders get good one on one coaching and we have one of the best so sure, that matters.  But I feel like you're throwing a whole lot of good talent under the bus right now.  

how am I throwing talent under a bus? 

That is a new twist on an old saying.

Talent is what got them here

Talent is what they brought  here

there is enough talent in this room to beat a woeful Ottawa team 3 straight

I am not disputing their talent, well I am disputing Green's talent, I think he is shot on talent and that is a problem

3 minutes ago, StealthNuck said:

TIL getting blown out every game has nothing to do with coaching. 

Id still like to see the assistants replaced before Green, but it's abysmal at the moment. Opposing teams know exactly where were going every time.