The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Toronto Maple Laffs | February 6, 2021 | 4 p.m. PT | NHLN, CBC, TVAS, SN, CITY

Rate this topic

-SN-

2 minutes ago, JoshuaGuy said:

Do those tools know he didn't play tonight? Poor kid. He was just randomly selected to be the whipping boy by a bunch of fat, neck beards sitting on their couches. 

The reporting coming in was that he was not planting both cheeks on the press box pine and Green lost trust in his ability to sit in the right way.

21 minutes ago, Toyotasfan said:

Do other teams ever go offside against the Canucks, no , the defence has already backed in to the face off circles , there’s no pressure at the blue line, they are free to enter the zone and set up.

Its also why you don't see a ton of dump ins against us they know they can just skate in untouched and get a good shot off.

Just now, lmm said:

I feel like there is a great punin there somewhere.

please enlighten me on how one of those players has progressed under Green.

Progression is hard to pin point who did what

But Horvat has progressed every year

Petey as well

Hughes 2nd season so who knows maybe Tanev hid his flaws and that is why he dropped to the Canucks

Or players do not all just progress in the same manner or in lineal direction

Do coaches at this level really do anything or some coaches are just lucky to have players who are just good 

Maybe coaches do nothing at any level it is all just talent and how hard a player practices or wants it, i.e. Virtanen got drafted because of his size but will never be able to play at this level he might not have the x factor 

6 minutes ago, Chris12345 said:

Again...don't have the horses

LOL what do you mean? 

Finishing checks can be done by everyone. Petey was even doing it tonight. 

I would like to see Macewan and Jake in next game with a specific instruction. Finish every check 

There should be no reason that the opposing player can skate, play the puck and keep skating past a canuck who stands there flat footed but that's what I'm seeing every game. 

A lot of this is on our forwards for making it so easy for opposing team to break out with speed