Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Toronto Maple Laffs | February 6, 2021 | 4 p.m. PT | NHLN, CBC, TVAS, SN, CITY

Rate this topic


Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, cuporbust said:

If you connect the dots imo...

 

 

Seems like a team that has been deflated , and it's no coincidence the players that left here felt disrespected by the way they were handled in the off season around the same time. 

 

All three guys said they were totally disregarded , and had almost zero contact with this GM. Also happened to be three guys that were very popular,  one that had been a warrior here for over a decade . 

 

Jim Benning didn't have to sign them to show them respect.  He obviously totally bungled it from every side.

 

 

Mamagement basically we dont care that you were the 3 hardest workers on the team and bled Canuck.   What message does that send the guys on the team now?  

However this situation improves, it needs to happen internally.  You cant fix a situation like this with others teams players.  

 

  • Like 2
  • Hydration 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, 24K PureCool said:

He is never coming here so don't even bark at that tree.

Who knows? How many teams had the capspace to go after Pietrangelo? Or Hall? Not a lot.

 

Vancouver’s situation in theory - if they didn’t have a cap hell and could have retained what they had and added to it would - have been a very attractive place to go this offseason. You heard it from OEL.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Pickly said:

All I can say is when you are spending to the cap year after year, haven’t don’t d*ck all to improverhe D, and have boatloads of cap sitting in the press box or in the minors, it speaks volumes to where you stand. 

Again, not if the cap had gone up, as per usual.  He still would have been tight, but it's been shown several times how it was going to play out.  The flat cap f***ed him, but he left himself vulnerable, no doubt

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, EddieVedder said:

Mamagement basically we dont care that you were the 3 hardest workers on the team and bled Canuck.   What message does that send the guys on the team now?  

However this situation improves, it needs to happen internally.  You cant fix a situation like this with others teams players.  

 

This people on this board would have lost their minds if he gave Tanev and Markus those deals.  That would have been the end of Demko

  • Hydration 2
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, stawns said:

He's not, he just didn't plan for a flat cap.  Had things progressed normally he was pretty well set up.  He's responsible for being vulnerable, no doubt, but who could have seen a pandemic coming?

He was in real tough spot this off season.

All three big signings in question are the exact signings we are trying to stay away from. He's in a no win situation this year and I think he knew it and ownership knew it and supported it as well. Covid has mangled our lives in so many ways. Hockey is just a game however, it's a distraction that we typically fall back on when times are tough.

You're right. He wasn't ready for this $&!#ty season. This isn't our year.

  • Vintage 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Tom Sestito said:

That’s why capspace is important.

 

There was that guy named Pietrangelo available on the open market this offseason. 

Shouldve done everything in their power to get Petro here.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Pickly said:

All I can say is when you are spending to the cap year after year, haven’t don’t d*ck all to improverhe D, and have boatloads of cap sitting in the press box or in the minors, it speaks volumes to where you stand. 

Yeah  we could have picked up cheaper “vets” to help keep the team competitive during these last five years or so. Now I feel like we’re just waiting for the contracts to expire. And if they don’t stop writing up 6million dollar contracts each year it’s not gonna get better. Our bottom six and D .. Beagle, Sutter, Erickson, Myers, Benn, Rousell, all could be replaced with near league minimum guys. 

  • Like 2
  • Hydration 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, stawns said:

Again, not if the cap had gone up, as per usual.  He still would have been tight, but it's been shown several times how it was going to play out.  The flat cap f***ed him, but he left himself vulnerable, no doubt

I donno @stawns I just can’t fathom even if the cap went up 3 or 4 million we would be better set up for the future than where we stand now. There is no arguing we are in a bad predicament. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, bad alice french said:

He was in real tough spot this off season.

All three big signings in question are the exact signings we are trying to stay away from. He's in a no win situation this year and I think he knew it and ownership knew it and supported it as well. Covid has mangled our lives in so many ways. Hockey is just a game however, it's a distraction that we typically fall back on when times are tough.

You're right. He wasn't ready for this $&!#ty season. This isn't our year.

I think they'll just take the tank, take the high pick and keep building.  I do think they'll move on from Miller and maybe Green though 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Pickly said:

I donno @stawns I just can’t fathom even if the cap went up 3 or 4 million we would be better set up for the future than where we stand now. There is no arguing we are in a bad predicament. 

It's been shown many times.......he'd be tight, but he had a progression in place.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Tyler Myers - 6M

Loui Eriksson - 6M

Brandon Sutter - 4.375M

Michael Ferland - 3.5M

Roberto Luengo 3M

Antoinne Roussel - 3M

Jay Beagle - 3M

Jordie Benn - 2M

Sven Bartschi 2.291M

Ryan Spooner - 1.033M

  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Tom Sestito said:

The flat cap argument needs to stop.

 

Ferland’s ltir is the equivalent of what the cap increase was projected to be.

 

They basically got a free compliance buyout.

That's not a free buyout, they lost ferland out of the lineup.......that's a big hole

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • SNuck unfeatured and unpinned this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...