The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Toronto Maple Laffs | February 6, 2021 | 4 p.m. PT | NHLN, CBC, TVAS, SN, CITY

Rate this topic

-SN-

Just now, Phil_314 said:

Wonder what's going on... so many bad plays tonight
- Myers didn't even tie up Simmonds but just waved at him
- Chatfield maybe got outclassed and outpaced by Matthews
- Edler somehow got dominated physically by Hyman
- Miller just gave up on backchecking on Matthews' second
- Harder to blame Chatfield for the second Simmonds goal for lack of effort, though he did tie up the body but not the stick

Wonder if Holtby's gonna hate Miller due to the past couple of games

Why was Chatfield even on the same ice as Matthews should be the question.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Pickly said:

Different strokes I guess. I am done supporting Jim even though I have been giving him the benefit of the doubt for a long time now. Most media types (yeah, say what you want) and fans are befuddled by a lot of his moves and it’s become non defendable at this point. His drafting has been good but how much of that was influenced by Judd Brackett? There is no denying he is bad at negotiating contracts and god forbid he has to go into this off season with Petey and Hughes up for new, monster deals. I just can’t picture this team taking large steps without new direction. 

Do we have to qualify Brock at 7 mil?

8 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Wasn't a fan of that especially to make room for LE 

Yeah i dont get it 

throw loui in on line 4 and pk if you want but he was not going to help Bo score and forces the entire line to be a checking line. Leaving essentially 1 line to score?, in theory? Baffling 

just sends the wrong message to the the entire team 

Edited by canuck2288
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

It never was a rebuild. That is where the major problem is. They never fully committed. It's retool and try to be competitive. It's a big reason we are where we are. So no Horvat you never really went through a full one. Cutting corners isn't a rebuild.

Try to be competitive and they failed miserably at that and called it a rebuild 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1