The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Toronto Maple Laffs | February 6, 2021 | 4 p.m. PT | NHLN, CBC, TVAS, SN, CITY

Rate this topic

-SN-

1 minute ago, gurn said:

Lots of ice time for those that make the cut    :)

And if there’s few players to pass to maybe we’ll just shoot more...man, this might just work...we’ll call this the “shoot first system”...let’s get the boys them thick sticks so they dont break so easy and hurt a touch more when slashing on hands and ankles

• Haha 1

IF Eriksson gets the green light and plays on the 2nd line, it suggests to me that Pears/Bo/Loui will be utilized as a shutdown line; which may be effective against Toronto's offensive dynamite. 

I wouldn't mind seeing Hogs against lesser competition on the 3rd.  I would love to see how Motte/ Sutts/Hogs do, but I also think Hogs would do a world of good for Gauds.

Meh, it's just one game and the team is desperate. 

13 minutes ago, J-Dizzle said:

I get what Green is doing... he’s gotta get that first line going and Eriksson is probably a bit more reliable than Jake or Adam have been.... annnnnd Hogs is probably going to be a spark plug in the bottom six. 

Butttt man it’s hard to see the kid bumped down. Based purely on my non-realistic Chel management skills I’d almost rather see Miller put on the 3rd and Hoglander on the first.... then you’ve got guys playing their off wing though. 

You cant put Miller Time on the 3rd line and risk non stop profanity coming from pouty face leader of the Nuckleheads on national TV in a game at the Centre of the Universe...what will that say about the NHL

8 minutes ago, gurn said:

At this point I begin playing everyone that should be on the team next year and sitting, trading or waiving every one that won't.

The teams ahead of us all have games in hand, and even Calgary, 3pts back, has  4 games in hand.

I'd wait out the next 2 games. If we pull these off, then play Calgary for 4 - a favourable result would put us right back.

Hopeful thinking the way were playing, I know. But our sched's been tough, other teams will go through poor stretches too.

If not, then gear decisions towards the future. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, J-Strap said:

You cant put Miller Time on the 3rd line and risk non stop profanity coming from pouty face leader of the Nuckleheads on national TV in a game at the Centre of the Universe...what will that say about the NHL

I have no idea what you just said :shock:

• Thanks 1

Green trying to get the team to be better defensively. #21 in to settle Horvat down ( he's been trying to hard to be an offensive force), Bailey and Hogs with Sutter gives you speed and maybe better forecheck. See how Bailey responds to getting in. Virt and Big Mac did not seem to be picking their spots, i.e. a little running around. Team needs to support the breakout and mid ice play better instead of solo runs into the Ozone where they do a one shot and, oops, the pucks gone the other way. Last year they supported the puck better, this year they all think they're McDavid.

Yep you know your in trouble when you have to bring back Eriksson and demote Hoglander. It makes so much sense. Demoting someone who always tries hard and bringing in someone who can’t score at all except for empty netters. Eriksson should never see the ice with this team yet here we are. What’s the definition of insanity? Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. 

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

Green is getting desperate, but sometimes desperate moves make things worse. I can understand Loui in the lineup, he might be hungry to prove himself, and he's got experience, good defensively, which is a huge issue right now. Fine, but demoting Hoglander and not giving Olli a chance, sends the wrong kind of message to the hard working guys. I wonder what kind of player Jake would've turned out to be if Green wasn't the coach his entire pro career. 

• Cheers 2

I’m actually laughing. I’m starting to believe this has nothing to do with Green. Think about it. Gauds, Hoglander, Virtanen, and Macewan are all Benning picks. All sitting tonight. Green decides &^@# you Benning, I’m putting in Eriksson, Bailey and demoting Hoglander as a protest to the $&!# job he has done for this team. My 2 cents. I’m still not sold with Greens system but at this point I kind of feel bad for the guy. If Canucks bomb another game I think we will be seeing the last of Benning. 

• Haha 1

So Green sat down with Hoagie this morning and said "You've been the sparkplug on any line you have been on, so tonight we are going to pair you with our best face- off man and our biggest, fastest winger - go get 'em"

Could have happened .......

• Haha 1

I think Green sees the writing on the wall if they lose. This lineup wreaks of desperation which is a bad place to be in as a coach. I still think there have been more than enough reasons to get rid of Benning but it seems he can do no wrong under the aquilini’s eyes. They should understand they are paying a ton of players to sit in the pressbox. Paying players for free. Anyone who is smart enough would say this is not acceptable. Yet Benning is still here.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82
  • Cheers 1

What’s the worst that could happen with the lineup change? We give up 8 goals instead of our usual 7? At this point we may as well throw s*** against the fan and see what happens. Cant really be any worse than how it’s gone so far. Just relax and enjoy the fact we get any kind of hockey to watch during this god awful pandemic. Beers up and chug ‘em. 

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

1 hour ago, mll said:

Really bummed out by this move.

I thought Olli had a rough start to the season with some shock of NHL caliber players, but as the season progressed I started to see some major improvement. He started play a sound/smart game by being in good positioning and making quick passes. Then he scored his first NHL goal! Also, if my memory serves me correctly we won that game!?

What does the kid have to do? I mean, I like Chatfields game alot. He's not afraid to play physical and grind, but those two at the very least should be rotating. At the most Benn should sit, but this will never happen because on our team if you have NHL experience you play, regardless of whether or not you're being outperformed.

Anyone know the implications of the cap with this move? Will we see Olli again this season if we send #21 back down? I'm too lazy & just worked a night shift.

Regardless, go freaking Canucks go. Hope Louie is our good luck charm.