The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Toronto Maple Laffs | February 6, 2021 | 4 p.m. PT | NHLN, CBC, TVAS, SN, CITY

Rate this topic

-SN-

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

I don’t buy that angle at all.

You really think professionals would just mail it in because they don’t agree with moves management made? 

If there’s players pouting over that then they need to be moved. We want players that will buy in for better or for worse. It’s not their job to think about what management is doing, it’s their job to play hard and let the chips fall where they may.

I believe so . There are a lot of

quotes from players on how this summer  went . 

Just now, DeNiro said:

They’re professionals.

They’re not a bunch of mopey teenagers that quit playing hard beside their friend is no longer on the team.

It goes deeper than that.

Their d zone stats have been brutal for a few years   now.  They are being asked to play the same way and expecting different results.  Hard as a  player to buy into that strategy.  It is likely no coincidence that players that have been successful elsewhere come.to the Nucks and struggle to even be mediocre.  

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, Silky mitts said:

I believe so . There are a lot of

quotes from players on how this summer  went . 

I would read more into the comments about players not being on the same page.

Thats what I see on the ice. I don’t see a cohesive unit when they play. That comes down to players and coaches communicating.

Either the coaches aren’t communicating properly or the players aren’t buying in. Either way the leadership in this group needs to correct this.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Mackcanuck said:

all i see is a list of excuses...we play more yes but travel is far less than normal, multiple games in the same city means sleeping in the same bed with no travel for 2-3 games in a row for most of the season.

Team needs a bag skate on their day off and whoever plays like crap the next game is out, empt the taxi squad if need be...that sends a damn message and also is a last ditch effort by the coach too

10 minutes ago, SILLY GOOSE said:

That's true but puck pressure is also a major part of this teams success.  

I think they are too slow of a team to apply a ton of puck pressure which is a big problem. We have no players with amazing speed. Our whole team is filled with players with the same amount of speed. You have to be fast to put pressure on the opposing team and they look like they have cinder blocks tied to their ankles. The bottom two lines are especially slow to every puck but right now the whole team just looks slow. That needs to be addressed next year somehow. Maybe it’s a conditioning issue.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Odd. said:

Quickly losing interest in this team. Don't know why I should watch 3 hours of the same old dog$&!# hockey. Team looks uninterested.

this screams bandwagoner fan to me. If your a fan of the team you watch them thru the good, bad and the ugly. You can also record and watch it skipping commercial etc to cut down on time.

• Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

I think they are too slow of a team to apply a ton of puck pressure which is a big problem. We have no players with amazing speed. Our whole team is filled with players with the same amount of speed. You have to be fast to put pressure on the opposing team and they look like they have cinder blocks tied to their ankles. The bottom two lines are especially slow to every puck but right now the whole team just looks slow. That needs to be addressed next year some how. Maybe it’s a conditioning issue.

we have speed, we just chose not to ice some of that speed last night... Virtanen, macEwen both have speed they just need a coach who trusts them or sees their speed and puts them in and preaches that they play like Clamato!

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

I think they are too slow of a team to apply a ton of puck pressure which is a big problem. We have no players with amazing speed. Our whole team is filled with players with the same amount of speed. You have to be fast to put pressure on the opposing team and they look like they have cinder blocks tied to their ankles. The bottom two lines are especially slow to every puck but right now the whole team just looks slow. That needs to be addressed next year some how. Maybe it’s a conditioning issue.

I mentioned in a previous post the same thing.  The vet loaded line up is a kiss of death, esp. when they can't execute anyways.  You need more Nils/Chatfield's in the line up to generate SOME turnovers.  TOR is basically holding on to the puck with ease.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Well that’s where I would argue fatigue is playing a factor.

For a team that relies heavily on a strong forecheck and cycle, if you’re getting beaten to the puck time and time again it makes it almost impossible to generate offense and sustain pressure.

Im seeing a team that is a step behind all game. Sometimes that 10% difference in energy makes all the difference.

Not trying to make excuses because there are also other factors contributing, but I think fatigue is exacerbating the problem.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

this screams bandwagoner fan to me. If your a fan of the team you watch them thru the good, bad and the ugly. You can also record and watch it skipping commercial etc to cut down on time.

You can also record and watch it skipping commercials etc and stop watching when they get three goals down to cut down on time.      :sadno:

• Cheers 1

55 minutes ago, Wolfgang Durst said:

To be fair: I think you put too much weight on Horvat's shoulders. Jim has mentioned several times that Canucks have a leadership group with guys like Edler, Sutter, Miller and Horvat. They have to act collectively as a group to get this team going.

Why have a captain then?