The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Toronto Maple Laffs | February 6, 2021 | 4 p.m. PT | NHLN, CBC, TVAS, SN, CITY

Rate this topic

How many people on here want Benning to make trades if he is on his way out? He doesn’t have a good history of making trades under pressure and he’s terrible at negotiating. So do we really want him to make trades knowing he likes to throw draft picks at teams like he’s Willy Wonka at the chocolate factory giving away free candy. I don’t have any trust in his judgement or lack there of right now. Does anyone else?

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82
Just now, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

How many people on here want Benning to make trades if he is on his way out? He doesn’t have a good history of making trades under pressure and he’s terrible at negotiating. So do we really want him to make trades knowing he likes to throw draft picks at teams?

No trades. We’ll be another 7 games deep before they are allowed to play anyway 

1 minute ago, Silky mitts said:

For sure a factor, don’t forget stecher who was a beloved teammate . The team Has lost confidence for sure in management and their incompetence.

I don’t buy that angle at all.

You really think professionals would just mail it in because they don’t agree with moves management made? 

If there’s players pouting over that then they need to be moved. We want players that will buy in for better or for worse. It’s not their job to think about what management is doing, it’s their job to play hard and let the chips fall where they may.

• Thanks 1
  • Hydration 3
Just now, DeNiro said:

You really think professionals would just mail it in because they don’t agree with moves management made? 

If there’s players pouting over that then they need to be moved. We want players that will buy in for better or for worse. It’s not their job to think about what management is doing, it’s their job to play hard and let the chips fall where they may.

The players are human....   not robots.

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

I believe so . There are a lot of

quotes from players on how this summer  went . 

Just now, DeNiro said:

They’re professionals.

They’re not a bunch of mopey teenagers that quit playing hard beside their friend is no longer on the team.

It goes deeper than that.

Coach has definitely lost the room as well too

• Vintage 1
Just now, DeNiro said:

They’re professionals.

They’re not a bunch of mopey teenagers that quit playing hard beside their friend is no longer on the team.

It goes deeper than that.

Their d zone stats have been brutal for a few years   now.  They are being asked to play the same way and expecting different results.  Hard as a  player to buy into that strategy.  It is likely no coincidence that players that have been successful elsewhere come.to the Nucks and struggle to even be mediocre.  

• Hydration 1
8 minutes ago, Silky mitts said:

I believe so . There are a lot of

quotes from players on how this summer  went . 

I would read more into the comments about players not being on the same page.

Thats what I see on the ice. I don’t see a cohesive unit when they play. That comes down to players and coaches communicating.

Either the coaches aren’t communicating properly or the players aren’t buying in. Either way the leadership in this group needs to correct this.

• Hydration 1
13 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

I think it’s more then just icing certain players. They aren’t playing like a group. Doesn’t matter who’s on the ice. 

That's true but puck pressure is also a major part of this teams success.  

• Hydration 1
1 hour ago, Mackcanuck said:

all i see is a list of excuses...we play more yes but travel is far less than normal, multiple games in the same city means sleeping in the same bed with no travel for 2-3 games in a row for most of the season.

Team needs a bag skate on their day off and whoever plays like crap the next game is out, empt the taxi squad if need be...that sends a damn message and also is a last ditch effort by the coach too

Quickly losing interest in this team. Don't know why I should watch 3 hours of the same old dog$&!# hockey. Team looks uninterested.

• Hydration 1
  • -SN- unfeatured and unpinned this topic