The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Toronto Maple Laffs | February 6, 2021 | 4 p.m. PT | NHLN, CBC, TVAS, SN, CITY

Rate this topic

-SN-

11 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Sneer on his arrogant mug is something you'd love to see wiped clean.

+100 to you sir.

Plus, he's beyond useless. I would bet the guy is an absolute crap player to begin with, and he's telling us how it is. Yeah, right. That's why that guy on this board, Zepp, who was at least drafted, played professionally in Europe, and even got in one game with the Flyers, reacted when you get all these plugs "who think they know" actually believe their comments are worth anything. It's an absolute joke. Not sure how that clown's opinion is taken seriously.

Edited by BarnBurner
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Wow what a message to a guy who continues to work hard and show up to play, you get demoted :picard:

This is such a bad fan take.  

First, players don't care where they are in the line up-THEY WANT TO WIN.  Guaranteed given the rut their in I doubt any player on the roster cares what line they are on if it results in a win. 

Second, TG probably feels more comfortable with LE in a match up role, which frees up Hoglander on the third line to get (a) better match ups (b) spark some secondary scoring.  

Yeah, SMH :picard:.  This is @canuck2288 level of bad

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

The thing that blows my mind is the amount of praise Green gets over Willie Desjardins, but the reality check is Green is no better then Willie ever was simple as that. 

Willie won a Calder Cup (AHL championship) and a couple Memorial Cups as a head coach.  Travis Green well "got there & lost" as a head coach.

Willie has a better minor league resume.

(OK, Newbie is reaching here :lol:)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Travis Green:

4years 247Games 108W 111L

Willie Desjardins:

3years 246Games 109W 110L

7 years with .500 hockey both systems fail.

If I'm aquaman and I see this, my finger is on the trigger.  JB is responsible for the coaching group, personnel and contracts.  Product socks and with the lines green is throwing out there, he is obviously out of ideas and just throwing $&!# at the wall hoping something sticks. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, DeNiro said:

Gadjovich Lind Podkolzin 

Bailey Focht Kunz

MacEwan Keppan McDonaugh

Tryamkin Woo

Jurmo Persson

I can play that game too.

I think Benning has actually found a good balance in his drafting.

He actually has a pretty feisty third line too. Hoglander Costmar and Lockwood  

2 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

I am glad others are finally seeing it. That refusal to really get creative with lines are very similar. Megna and Chaput were WD's "pets" as was Weber. They played no matter what. 

The inability to adjust to games is similar as well. Does anyone on the team have the OK to "bang and crash"? Does the same players get 20 minutes a night icetime , even if they are slumping, while others(Hogs) gets demoted? 

There is "No Marky" to bail him out and I am so glad it has become more obvious to everyone now. 

I gave Green the chance for 2 years but once the 3rd started is when I started turning on him. Heck I left this site for a year because Deb didn't like me calling out green in the gdt, I saw it then and nothing has changed since he's just not good enough, just sucks some people have a hard time accepting it unfortunately. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

Just now, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

I gave Green the chance for 2 years but once the 3rd started is when I started turning on him. Heck I left this site for a year because Deb didn't like me calling out green in the gdt, I saw it then and nothing has changed since he's just not good enough, just sucks some people have a hard time accepting it unfortunately. 

Last year was a big step even if it was a dogfight to the traditional playoffs when the season ended. I don’t think that should be ignored because of this start of this season 

4 minutes ago, SILLY GOOSE said:

First, players don't care where they are in the line up-THEY WANT TO WIN.  Guaranteed given the rut their in I doubt any player on the roster cares what line they are on if it results in a win. 

Second, TG probably feels more comfortable with LE in a match up role, which frees up Hoglander on the third line to get (a) better match ups (b) spark some secondary scoring.  

Have you played a competitive level?

I have and i can tell you EVERY player cares where they in the lineup 

5 minutes ago, DIBdaQUIB said:

If I'm aquaman and I see this, my finger is on the trigger.  JB is responsible for the coaching group, personnel and contracts.  Product socks and with the lines green is throwing out there, he is obviously out of ideas and just throwing $&!# at the wall hoping something sticks. 

https://www.sbnation.com/nhl/2015/3/5/8159805/maple-leafs-fans-put-paper-bags-over-their-heads-dance  I am starting a new business venture

the logo will need to be changed

but PM me if you want in on the ground floor

3 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Will you be leaving again soon? 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, SILLY GOOSE said:

More like the worst fan take is still trusting Green :lol:

• Vintage 1

5 minutes ago, DIBdaQUIB said:

I would agree

As pathetically incompetent as Green and Willie are, JB put them into their roles 

we need to clean house 

keep the team responsible for drafting and dump the rest 

we need to change the losing soft culture of this team 

• Like 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

6 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

I still don't like it.

I feel like we always need a scapegoat and sometimes we just need ... to exercise patience.  Knee jerk reactions.

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

More like the worst fan take is still trusting Green :lol:

hey 

since we do not have the wonkie emoji and some kind hearted mod withdrew the Loui

how about a paper bag emoji?

or that great shot SN was using last game of Greener