The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Toronto Maple Laffs | February 6, 2021 | 4 p.m. PT | NHLN, CBC, TVAS, SN, CITY

Rate this topic

-SN-

3 minutes ago, SILLY GOOSE said:

I just said from experience.  Not everyone that plays hockey is as self centered as you are.  

Guess what Einstein, it's a team sport

I am telling you in reality that is not how competitive players feel, ever 

may say different publicly but every player wants to be on line 1 

its not community hockey where everyone is glad to be there 

sorry if i came across the wrong way

15 minutes ago, lmm said:

the reason we always need a scapegoat is because we always suck

how many players have come in and looked good, but not progressed?

Pettersson

Hughes

Gaudette

Virtanen

Joulevi

Horvat

and then there is Demko and Markstrom

what is different about Demko and Markstrom?

At this point one scapegoat wil not do

we could get rid of Green 

but we'd still have JB

and visa versa

"Haven't progressed"?  I'd say they have.  They're off right now....but, as I said...have some patience before you decide.

It's not about being "different" it's about gaining experience.  Goaltenders get good one on one coaching and we have one of the best so sure, that matters.  But I feel like you're throwing a whole lot of good talent under the bus right now.  

Just now, canuck2288 said:

I am telling you in reality that is not how competitive players feel, ever 

may say different publicly but every player wants to be on line 1 

its not community hockey where everyone is glad to be there 

sorry if i came across the wrong way

Again, I just said from experience.  I don't know how else to explain it, but whatever.  You just keep doing you. 

18 minutes ago, BarnBurner said:

This take is actually hilarious. Seriously. You telling us that players don't have pride? That's what drives them.

If the "team's" on the same page, yeah, all that matters is winning, to some degree.

But they all have huge egos, fragile egos. They want to be in the best position to make themselves look good, and to help the team win, while again, making themselves look good. And at the same time, they are constantly afraid of making themselves look bad. If you think that everyone is completely for the team, you're greatly mistaken. Ideally, they should be, but there's so many different mindsets happening at once. So much politics going on within the room, the team in general, including the coaches, management, owners. 

It's pretty much like anything in life. 

So you keep on shaking your head, but the fact is, there's more going on than meets the eye.

If this is what you think then fine, but I strongly disagree.  Not everybody is as self centered as you think.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Maginator said:

Really bummed out by this move.

I thought Olli had a rough start to the season with some shock of NHL caliber players, but as the season progressed I started to see some major improvement. He started play a sound/smart game by being in good positioning and making quick passes. Then he scored his first NHL goal! Also, if my memory serves me correctly we won that game!?

What does the kid have to do? I mean, I like Chatfields game alot. He's not afraid to play physical and grind, but those two at the very least should be rotating. At the most Benn should sit, but this will never happen because on our team if you have NHL experience you play, regardless of whether or not you're being outperformed.

Anyone know the implications of the cap with this move? Will we see Olli again this season if we send #21 back down? I'm too lazy & just worked a night shift.

Regardless, go freaking Canucks go. Hope Louie is our good luck charm.

CapFriendly shows 816K in bonus pool money with Juolevi on the taxi squad.   His demotion must have created that pool as both Ferland and Hawryluk don’t have bonuses.  If that’s the case then they should be able to use that bonus pool to cover most of the bonus portion of his recall.   

Does the demotion of an ELC player create bonus pool money although they started the season without a bonus pool?  Would make a Juolevi demotion a non issue if that’s the case as he would just use that bonus pool money back up in a recall.

1 hour ago, Devron44 said:

Literally nothing good to say ever! If it’s not the gm, coach (understandably right now) it’s the players. Why do you even bother being a fan?

Man some posters  just want people on hear to pretend like everything is fine. Posters are allowed to point out the things wrong with this team. It doesn’t mean they are giving up or should or they are not a true fan. People don’t want to read negative comments, well then don’t. The way this team has been built in 7 years is not good enough to contend and it should be. Posters are pointing that out. It’s obvious how bad we are right now because of the goals against and Benning saying comments such as I ran out of time. It just makes the organization look incompetent. Fans have a right to feel embarassed and voice their displeasure. It says Canucks talk, it doesn’t say Canucks talk only if you are positive and want to paint everything with rose coloured glasses on.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 2

This may be the most depressing thing I have experienced since Messier...

The idea that Loui is going to be slotted into the lineup to help us.

... and that I can sit there and think “yep, that sounds reasonable”.

Good God, that is horrifying....

• Haha 4

Just now, Provost said:

It’s really all they can do. I don’t want Benning making anymore trades out of desperation. He is incompetent. He gives up way too much in deals that will set this organization further back than it already is. Really, what other options do they have? I would say start giving younger guys a chance from Utica. That’s about it though. 

1 minute ago, Provost said:

Green should be fired on the spot for even considering to allow that woirthless sack of **** to disgrace our jersey again.  There is no way any legitimate NHL coach considers LE's play remotely close to acceptable; it sickens me that we are rewarding this lazy floater with more unearned minutes.  We would be better off letting Fin play.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

The thing I will say and that might differ me from many posters on this board is that I'll leave judgement of the lineup til' after the game. LE in for tonight just makes sense, the other scratches are somewhat as confusing as the current defensive scheme, but as mentioned,. I'll watch the game first and pass judgement afterwards.

4 minutes ago, Provost said:

A sad stae of affairs.