The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Toronto Maple Laffs | February 6, 2021 | 4 p.m. PT | NHLN, CBC, TVAS, SN, CITY

Rate this topic

-SN-

6 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

What assistant coaches are available that have more experience with effective defense strategies? Don't get me wrong, Baumgartner is not an NHL level assistant coach, and the proof is on the ice. I'd love for the team to move on from him.

At this point I'll take back Lidster. Anyone is gonna be better than Baumer. 

Does Bieska want to get a crack at this?

• Cheers 4

41 minutes ago, 250Integra said:

Where do you see that he's activated? It seems like he got replaced by Bailey on the main roster.

650 said he was just activated

Ya, it looks like LE was transferred to the taxi squad.

Edited by appleboy

48 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Same. A continued slide in the standings is one thing. It's not so much the losses, but how the team is losing that's concerning. They look lifeless and spineless out there. There's no unified team approach, merely individuals putting in individual efforts that don't amount to anything positive. 

To me a trade would be a rash decision, and one that would be under extreme scrutiny by ownership. I think determining why this team is playing the way it is, and what possibly led to it is more important, as it'll have much longer lasting effects overall than replacing one player with another on a team that is rudderless.

Agree - I've followed this teamsince the late 70s. There are times we have had teams lacking talent, but they tried hard. 

The lifelessness and the apparent lack of passion and support for one another is concerning. Trading a "piece" - Jake, AG, Sutter, whomever - I don't think that will make much of a difference at this time.

• Cheers 1

21 minutes ago, Setyoureyesontheprize said:

Once again you failed to answer the issues that was brought up in my previous post and still you Continue to Pander your own narrative that has some real issues with it.

You honestly think that after 4 years somehow some miraculous Green system will come out of the woodwork you are dreaming 

not going to happen 

the team will not make the playoffs under Green not going to happen 

last year was a covid rules exemption 

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, rychicken said:

Agree - I've followed this teamsince the late 70s. There are times we have had teams lacking talent, but they tried hard. 

The lifelessness and the apparent lack of passion and support for one another is concerning. Trading a "piece" - Jake, AG, Sutter, whomever - I don't think that will make much of a difference at this time.

Exactly. Can't really blame that one fatigue. 

I certainly hope that someone on the Canucks take a run at Marner.  

The hit on Quinn needs to be addressed.

It doesn't have to be some tough guy or "role player".... just anybody.  Best would be Bo, Miller or whoever.  You want a team to believe in accountability, you need to stop off-loading your dirty work to others.  If JV is in the lineup, that should be his main goal of the night.  

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Lancaster said:

I certainly hope that someone on the Canucks take a run at Marner.  

The hit on Quinn needs to be addressed.

It doesn't have to be some tough guy or "role player".... just anybody.  Best would be Bo, Miller or whoever.  You want a team to believe in accountability, you need to stop off-loading your dirty work to others.  If JV is in the lineup, that should be his main goal of the night.  

So should someone on Montreal have taken a run at Hughes after Myers gave Armia a concussion on an unnecessary hit?   The Wild West days of retribution in the NHL are pretty much a thing of the past.  

Lots of folks calling for Benning, Green and assistants to be fired - who are you replacing them with? And who is footing this bill? Aquilini? I don't see it happening - at least not now - weird season -  short/ compacted and covid.  Nope don't see it happening.

Tomorrow is a new day - who knows maybe they'll shake this off and figure it out. If not - we might get lucky at the draft lottery.

I certainly  don't cheer for us to lose

Go Canucks Go

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

2 hours ago, canuck2288 said:

For as awful as the non existent D system has been how is it that Rafferty is still not back in the lineup? 

He had 1 bad game !!!! If we sat out every player for 1 bad game only Hogs would be in the lineup 

Because he was absolutely burial that game, guy shouldn't touch the ice unless there is an injury christ he makes pouliot look like a top4 nhl Dman 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, qwijibo said:

So should someone on Montreal have taken a run at Hughes after Myers gave Armia a concussion on an unnecessary hit?   The Wild West days of retribution in the NHL are pretty much a thing of the past.  

Well yeah... When everyone gets the message that if you hurt others, others on your team can potentially get injured too.

To answer your question, Myers shouldn't have blindsided him with a headshot anyways.  

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, CanucksCountry said:

Because he was absolutely burial that game, guy shouldn't touch the ice unless there is an injury christ he makes pouliot look like a top4 nhl Dman 

One game 

You think Benn is a better option?

newsflash, the d sucks. Its not like we have a Cup winning D  

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, canuck2288 said:

One game 

You think Benn is a better option?

newsflash, the d sucks. Its not like we have a Cup winning D  

It's not just one game is the thing i follow the comets closely this is an issue with he is absolute dumpster fire in his own zone, i am guessing if you can't play D in the ahl your more then likley not playing good enough D to play in the nhl. Benn is a better option then Raftery 1000% at least Benn will drop the mits, only thing Raferty drops is a load of dog$&!# in his own zone, your 100% correct this D isn't good enough but it won't make it any better by playing another Dman that's a lability in his own zone  

2 hours ago, Setyoureyesontheprize said:

You must be a really sought after NHL coach with your deep insights. 

What else you got in mind? 

I finally figured out where the "Ignore" feature is, so wonderful with no 2288 Blabbering on.

Go Canucks Go just win one!

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1