The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Toronto Maple Laffs | February 6, 2021 | 4 p.m. PT | NHLN, CBC, TVAS, SN, CITY

Rate this topic

-SN-

18 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Kind of annoying that Juolevi is having a hard time slotting in.

Baumer doesn’t trust him somehow yet the D core he assembled is responsible for the worst goals against in the league.

Tell me how exactly Juolevi is going to hurt our chances? Gotta get him developing. His strengths are exactly what this team needs on the back end. Calm and a good first pass.

This puzzles me as well 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, 180sret said:

I love these guys on here that have all the answers! I've said it before, they've had some success and are cheating for offence. When they start thinking D first the rest of their game should improve. Also about firing all management, I don't believe JB or TG would be out of a job long. These guys are respected in the NHL circles, just not by media or CDC. It's a rough year for the young un's, so pull up your big boy panties buttercups, there may be some pain as they figure it out. Changing coach or Manager this year will probably not improve the on ice product. But keep crying if you must!

that would be fine except Green said in interview this week that these players are not the kind you teach/expect to play defense.

that right there says a lot

we are all Oilers... woot

4 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

This team hasn't done that in some time. They have the horses for that kind of race, but they are rarely ever the aggressor. They should be. This Sedinesque turn the other cheek crap is for the birds.

start by looking at the captain

I always knew learning from the Sedins would ruin him

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Baumer doesn’t trust him somehow yet the D core he assembled is responsible for the worst goals against in the league.

Tell me how exactly Juolevi is going to hurt our chances? Gotta get him developing. His strengths are exactly what this team needs on the back end. Calm and a good first pass.

Yeah.  A pretty frustrating little side note to the season so far. 

The phrase “it can’t get any worse” gets thrown out a lot when it really could get worse... but I think it works here. 

This team hasn't done that in some time. They have the horses for that kind of race, but they are rarely ever the aggressor. They should be. This Sedinesque turn the other cheek crap is for the birds.

I really dont think we have the horses for that type of race. 

We need cpl bad mofos. I dont care about theor politics. Or their off ice behaviour. . I want cpl mean dudes who go to war. More than a cpl

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

But never imposing or intimidating. Kesler and Burrows would mix it up, but also had some embarrassing on ice antics. Bieksa, while as tough as nails, needed more support from other like minded players. 

but it is always like that

we had:

2013-14 Sestito 

14-15 Dorsett

15-16 Dorsett + Cracknel + Prust

16-17 Dorsett + Guber  (for a combined 44 games)

17-18 Dorset +Guber+ Archibald (for a combined 79 games)

18-19 Guber (57 games) Rooster+ Beagle+ Schen (seriousl;y do any of them count)

19-20 Myers

Meanwhile Montreal currently has 4 D-men over 6'3" 208, they don't need tough guys that can't play above the 4th line

and Tampa wins a cup, 8 D-men over 200 and the little guy, 6' 205 doesn't play, but Schenn plays.

16 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

I really dont think we have the horses for that type of race. 

We need cpl bad mofos. I dont care about theor politics. Or their off ice behaviour. . I want cpl mean dudes who go to war. More than a cpl

Too bad about Ferland.  He is what this soft af team needs.   MacEwans our toughest player that can play at this point.  Myers and Edler on the backend.  But this team is sorely missing Bieksa, Burr, Kes type players.  Heck, that entire 2011 team was ready to go to war every single game.  

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I understand his injuries have played a part in his development but holding him back even further just botches that even worse.

• Cheers 2
  • Huggy Bear 1

1 hour ago, EddieVedder said:

Rafferty does not have nhl calibre defensive skills.  Chatfield needs to just not play another game at all this year.   The teams best options are probably Brisebois and hope Joulevi keeps improving.  And also hope Hamonic gets back to playing the way he can after the year long layoff.

nothing wrong with Chatfield,  a week ago he was getting high praise!