The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Have you had enough?

Rate this topic

CanadianRugby

These are stressful times, people.  Not only is there a worldwide pandemic and our big neighbors down south are going crazy... What's worse, the 2021 Canucks are playing like the 2017 Canucks.  Getting blown out every game like it's Groundhog Day.

I stumbled upon this video again today and I have to say it's my favourite Canuck moment ever.  Man was that win sweet.  

With all the negativity I think we need a healing thread.  Somewhere to post your favourite moments, or players, or stories.  No arguing, just sharing some Canuck love.

Here's mine.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

23 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

That's mine ^ right there.  Tears of joy....I will NEVER forget that day.  

See how there was NO hesitation from Burr?   Batted that puck down and scored with pure determination.  My hero.

Shoot it like you mean it.

(and how we can not love Kes....guy wore his heart on his sleeve)

Burr.. my fave player ever.

This current club doesnt have even half the heart or balls of that team.

47 minutes ago, EddieVedder said:

Burr.. my fave player ever.

This current club doesnt have even half the heart or balls of that team.

Current team has too many free agent mercenaries on it.  3/5 of the roster could probably be waived to the AHL right now and no-one would pick them up.  That's on these players and how much money management is paying them.  Burrows, Kesler, Bieksa, the beating heart of the '11 team all grew up the AHL.  Makes me think the current roster should be looking to the Comets to replace some of the current roster players.  If the rumours are true about players whining about the current state of the team why not replace them with players that want to play fast and hard. 

2 hours ago, CanadianRugby said:

These are stressful times, people.  Not only is there a worldwide pandemic and our big neighbors down south are going crazy... What's worse, the 2021 Canucks are playing like the 2017 Canucks.  Getting blown out every game like it's Groundhog Day.

I stumbled upon this video again today and I have to say it's my favourite Canuck moment ever.  Man was that win sweet.  

With all the negativity I think we need a healing thread.  Somewhere to post your favourite moments, or players, or stories.  No arguing, just sharing some Canuck love.

Here's mine.

The Canucks are still 6-8.  

Enough with the "sky is falling" crap.     

All the first 14 games have shown is that.....

1) We are likely not a Top 8 calibre team like Toronto and Montreal are.

2) We are likely not a bottom feeding team like Ottawa likely is.

3) We are likely comparable to other 'middle of the road' teams such as Edmonton and Winnipeg based on the near .500 record that we have against these teams.

A greater sample size against Calgary, Edmonton, and Winnipeg will likely be a better indication of where we really stack up.     

Also - let 2011 live in the past.   

If you're looking to get "amped up," go watch Game 5 of the Canucks-Blues series from last Summer.   

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, debluvscanucks said:

That's mine ^ right there.  Tears of joy....I will NEVER forget that day.  

See how there was NO hesitation from Burr?   Batted that puck down and scored with pure determination.  My hero.

Shoot it like you mean it.

(and how we can not love Kes....guy wore his heart on his sleeve)

Definitely one of mine as well, especially since I was at that game. 

I was finishing a year at university and planned to travel through Vancouver on my way home. I looked at the playoff schedule and realized I'd be in Vancouver on the day of a game. I had been to a few games before, but it was a pretty rare occurrence for me as I never lived in Vancouver, and I had never been to a playoff game. Despite being a poor student, I had a feeling that this was an opportunity that I couldn't pass up. So, not even knowing what the first round match up would be (it was expected to be Dallas at the time, if I recall), I bought a ticket. 

The ticket I bought was for "home game 4", which I had misread as "game 4". So when I bought the ticket, I thought for sure it would be a game that I would get to see. Then the playoff matches were solidified and we were paired up with Chicago. I was worried, Chicago seemed to have our number, but no matter what, game 4 had to take place, right? Then I realized ... "home game 4" actually meant game 7 of the series. I started to really worry at that point. What were the odds that Vancouver and Chicago went to 7 games? Given recent history, I wasn't optimistic. 

Then, Vancouver won three games in a row to open the series. I really didn't expect a game 7 to happen at that point, though I was glad it was for the opposite reason I had initially assumed (Chicago handing our ass to us). But then Chicago won. And won again. And won again. Pretty surreal. 

So I showed up to the arena for game 7 honestly unsure if my ticket would even be valid, because I had bought it through Stub Hub. I was worried that whoever sold the ticket might somehow have the option to change their minds even. When the ticket was scanned and I made my way into the arena, that's when the excitement really kicked in. 

And it was a low scoring game! The Canucks led 1 - 0 for the vast majority of it. When Chicago tied it up near the end of the 3rd, my heart sank. I thought for sure that they would have the momentum and that this would be the end. But I also thought, what the heck, at least I'll be there for the final game they play that season. 

Most of the game is a bit of a blur, but the end is not. I can remember clear as day how Burrows took that shot and "slayed the dragon". I was so pumped up that on my way out I bought an autographed and framed photo of Daniel Sedin (the same year he won the Art Ross, no less). It's hanging up in my home, while the ticket and playoff towel are safely stored away.

The energy outside the arena was completely nuts as well. I grew up in a small town and to see so many people, in such a big city, cheering in the streets like maniacs ... was almost overwhelming. 

That was the first and (so far) only playoff game I've ever been to. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, 4petesake said:

This was the first time that I thought we had a legitimate superstar.

Bure's first game = awesomeness.    

On an unrelated note, I was very excited in 1993 when I was in 6th grade because a new kid named Jamie Sheppard joined our class and he slightly resembled Pavel Bure.   We became friends for a bit but then drifted apart.  

Edited by DarkIndianRises

3 hours ago, CanadianRugby said:

Here's mine.

That still gives me goosebumps. That team was awesome.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1