The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Hughes do we need him, hear me out

Rate this topic

Arrow 1983

You want more justification 

Hughes is our #1 defense man he will be the QB of our Offense, play the most mins and QB the PP

on the PP he will do fine but we are giving up short handed goals

If teams can knock him off the puck it causes turn overs, The Canucks are turning it over a lot. Teams are knocking him off the puck. He is getting top line treatment he was not even seeing last season and Hughes even knew how important Tanev was he nick named him dad or Papa as I recall him saying

Edited by Arrow 1983

In a posting history of terrible takes... this stands out as one of your worst.

There has never been a time in league economics where you can fill out the bottom end of a roster with cheaper and more competent players.  There are veterans and good players being squeezed out and earning $1 million or under and not getting any term.

It isn’t our star players who are the problem, it is $30 million or so badly spent dollars that have meant those stars can’t be surrounded by good rope players and other talent.

Hughes is irreplaceable, even more so than Petterson, and already one of the top D in the league... 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Provost said:

In a posting history of terrible takes... this stands out as one of your worst.

There has never been a time in league economics where you can fill out the bottom end of a roster with cheaper and more competent players.  There are veterans and good players being squeezed out and earning $1 million or under and not getting any term.

It isn’t our star players who are the problem, it is $30 million or so badly spent dollars that have meant those stars can’t be surrounded by good rope players and other talent.

Hughes is irreplaceable, even more so than Petterson, and already one of the top D in the league... 

The star players are the worse out there right now.

Motte Beagle Sutter Mcewen are not the problem

and Hughes is the biggest problem

Edited by Arrow 1983

3 minutes ago, Provost said:

Well we are still waiting for you to be right one time... so anything is possible.

This is my time 

and Demko will be a star and I have been saying that for a long time  maybe not with Hughes in front of him

Edited by Arrow 1983