The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Hughes do we need him, hear me out

Rate this topic

Arrow 1983

On 2/6/2021 at 8:36 PM, Arrow 1983 said:

Did Tanev hid his flaws, I say yes.  minus 12 as of today.

Did he drop to 7th where Benning was a sucker to pick him. I say yes. If Benning had not taken him he would have drop to 8th and who knows where he would have landed

If Hughes creates 10 goals but causes 20 does the math add up. Did Tanev protect the Canucks from Hughes mistake. I say yes. Tanev is that responsible with and without the puck.

Can a small Defenseman play defense few and far between. Is Hughes one of them? I say NO.

Can Benning acquire a new Tanev. I say hell no. Benning can not make a trade for the life of this team never mind find a new Tanev. Hamonic is no Tanev

Which leads to the real question can we afford to keep Hughes as a defensive liability and at the ridiculous cost he can command. I say NO. 

Sell now well his price is high or feel the Wrath of his future contract for years to come. 

Disclaimer

I recommend you read to the the first post of the 5th page before commenting this thread was to make a point or not it is up to you

Keegan-Michael Key Lol GIF by HULU

On 2/8/2021 at 12:10 PM, kesler_sedins said:

Hughes is currently leading the Canucks in points as a DEFENSEMAN! Yeah we sure don't need him!

https://www.nhl.com/canucks/stats

You realize the Canucks are one of the  if not the worst team in the league so far this year?   Who cares how many points one player has when your team is brutal.  Who cares how many points Hughes has when hes completely useless defensively... a position hes required to play at least at an average level. This is simple logic some fans just cant seem to grasp.

13 hours ago, EddieVedder said:

You realize the Canucks are one of the  if not the worst team in the league so far this year?   Who cares how many points one player has when your team is brutal.  Who cares how many points Hughes has when hes completely useless defensively... a position hes required to play at least at an average level. This is simple logic some fans just cant seem to grasp.

So after many years the Canucks finally have two top pairing Dmen. Since the team is playing poorly, the obvious thing to do is to get rid of our extremely young number one offensive Dman.

Heck, let's get rid of both our top pairing Dmen; the team would obviously be better off without them. This is such simple logic that any simpleton would agree.