The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What the team doesn't need is a panicked Benning trade

Rate this topic

*Buzzsaw*

The funny part of all of this is that if management had of come out 4 years back and said "We Are In A Rebuild". If they had of laid out a clear plan on their process moving forward. Right now we would just be in another stage of said rebuild. They would never admit it. They kept saying that they weren't rebuilding. People expected more and have felt that Jim has been retooling for 7 years. The truth is that they started a rebuild a few years back. Up until that point they were still trying to win every year. This process stopped them from doing a full blown rebuild where they try to accumulate as many young assets as possible to kick things off. 

LE was part of the first faze where they were trying to win each year.  The first three years of Jims tenor.

Beagle ,Sutter and Roussel were brought in to work with the influx of youth. Lets say it was the beginning of the rebuild. Even their cap structure shows that they figured that they would need those guys through the end of next year .Next year cap opens up to allow the signing of some young talent. The year after there is more space that will allow them to start to add the final pieces.  If you look at things this way you could actually say that we are four years into a complete rebuild . One where you are starting from scratch and putting together a core that you will build around for years to come. If you can get your mind around that then you could also reason that we are right on target. I think there is still the next two years to acquire a few missing pieces. A solid draft this year would be a good start.

This young core has now been tasked with the job of building their own identity . Finding a new leadership group that is going to lead them for years to come. Right now they are struggling to find their way. Maybe Bo is not the guy for the job. As this club finds it's way out of the funk that they are in we will get to see who it is that leads them. This is going to be a rough year but it could teach them a ton about themselves . Prepare them for the future.

I wish the owners and management would come out and lay out their plans moving forward. The may feel that they are right on target.

Edited by appleboy
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

11 hours ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

Right now Benning is panicking and looking around desperately for some way to save his backside.

This is exactly what the organization does not need.

Having a fire sale on Virtanen and getting some throwaway player in return is not going to solve the team's problems.

This season is already in the toilet... let's not throw away the future.

What is needed:

-  Fire Green and get a decent coach in.

-  Get Tryamkin signed

-  Look for free agent defensive prospects and give give them tryouts... check Europe too.

-  Give Woo a try.

Probably don’t need a bunch of Buzzsaw threads when most of them get locked anyways!

• Haha 3

On 2/7/2021 at 10:06 AM, Westcoasting said:

Probably don’t need a bunch of Buzzsaw threads when most of them get locked anyways!

Hey Bozo... more badmouthing and zero content from you I see.

Meanwhile what I said last year in my posts happening is coming true in spades...

I said Green had no idea of how to coach the team... that he had no system, that he was dependent on Markstrom saving his backside every game.

I said Benning had to focus on improving defense... that it was critical he brought in Tryamkin, and got some solid D men... he didn't and we are now in the situation where we are.

Guess what?... I was right.

So go ahead, uncork your 15th beer and shoot your mouth off some more.

• Haha 1

On 2/6/2021 at 10:30 PM, *Buzzsaw* said:

Right now Benning is panicking and looking around desperately for some way to save his backside.

What evidence is there of this? Media conjecture? :bored:

Having a fire sale on Virtanen and getting some throwaway player in return is not going to solve the team's problems.

Who says were having a 'fire sale' on Virtanen?

Who says trading him (should that transpire) is intended to solve what's ailing the team?

There's plenty of reasons to trade guys like Virtanen (or Gaudette) that we potentially don't see as long term pieces, that have nothing to do with panic, desperation or fire sales.

I was suggesting both were potential pieces to move LAST year when things were going well.

Really, all these 'negative' threads would be a lot more interesting if people didn't simply fabricate narratives.

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

Hey Bozo... more badmouthing and zero content from you I see.

Meanwhile what I said last year in my posts happening is coming true in spades...

I said Green had no idea of how to coach the team... that he had no system, that he was dependent on Markstrom saving his backside every game.

I said Benning had to focus on improving defense... that it was critical he brought in Tryamkin, and got some solid D men... he didn't and we are now in the situation where we are.

Guess what?... I was right.

So go ahead, uncork your 15th beer and shoot your mouth off some more.

You must have the record for locked threads don’t you? From shooting your mouth off that’s why lmao!

No, but it does need smart trades. We have no third line, the top 6 is equal parts too soft and too slow to ever sustain a forecheck. Our D group lacks any sort of balance or grit, we have no pairing that can match up with top lines and too many soft puck movers that can't seem to defend or win battles.