The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Toronto Maple Laffs | February 8, 2021 | 4 p.m. PT | TVAS, SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

2 minutes ago, ShawnAntoski said:

At this point the coaching staff should play musical chairs and put Baumer as Head Coach for a day....

Why would you promote the guy responsible for the defense playing like trash?  Baumer has done more than enough damage here.

Edited by King Heffy
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Beagle had a good game except for that missed coverage on their 2nd goal. 

I'm not sure I agree with Cheech on that one - that was pretty high to be Beagle's responsibility...iirc both Roussel and Virtanen were closer to Matthews...?

not sure what the system was there either - if they were in man, then perhaps Beagle lost Matthews, if it was a zone....

would like to see it again.

I can't recall more boring canucks hockey in the last 35 years.  Love the canucks but this version is seriously broken. 

Clearly they wont change the coach at this point - can't bring myself to cheer another team and too boring watching these team at the moment 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, DarkIndianRises said:

He’s battling confidence issues right now. 

Maybe, but he's not a smart player. That cut in front of his net with the puck was ridiculously bad. 

Why not ply MacEwen, Bailey and Gaudette - get Roussel, Beagle and Virtanen out of there.

Also, put the best defensive Dman the team has with Hughes, because Hughes is a liability defensively.  Terrible. 

Just now, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Losing is acceptable! It’s why the organization is riddled with losing. When will the standard be higher?

The other team was just better than us, nothing about high/low standards.

I recall there were so many games during the Sedin era -- we played like $hit against a bottom team for 2 periods only to win the game in the 3rd.

Good teams limit high danger chances, weather the storm and come for the kill when the time comes. Leafs guys have good chemistry and they are fast. We aren't as cohesive and rely hugely on individual abilities of each player to carry the puck and create chances, i.e., Hughes end-to-end rush or EP's dekes and shooting.

This game and this series reminds me of Sedin Era Canucks (2005-06 to 2012-13 season) vs the rebuilding Leafs. We went 10-0 in that 8 year span, scored 44 goals and allowed 21 goals:

http://www.nhl.com/stats/teams?aggregate=0&reportType=game&seasonFrom=20052006&seasonTo=20122013&dateFromSeason&gameType=2&playerPlayedFor=franchise.20&opponent=franchise.5&filter=gamesPlayed,gte,1&sort=points,wins&page=0&pageSize=50

Now the page has turned and they have the better team than we do.

The standards will be higher when our guys reach their peak performances. QH turnover doesn't happen when he reaches his peak form; the kid is 21 years old and only a sophomore.

• Cheers 1