The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Toronto Maple Laffs | February 8, 2021 | 4 p.m. PT | TVAS, SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

Just now, Rick_theRyper said:

Huh? Doesn’t make a difference. Short sighted way to not deal with a on going problem because it would create a two week inconvenience. For six whole games or so you have someone from withing the org fill in

Put Steamer behind the bench. Time for him to earn his pay!

Heck probably is an upgrade right there. 

4 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Quinn Hughes- we lost some good players. There is definitely a reality that the off-season bothered the group.

Saw it on Pettersson’s face

Saw it on Green’s face

Saw it on Hughes’ face

Kind of a look of “mockery over the situation it’s so ridiculous” kind of sentiment.

The season wasn’t even started and we could see the frustration on Horvat’s face, of things to come, especially the interview when Miller wasn’t allowed to play.

Edited by Me_

Just now, NUCKER67 said:

Well, Benning F***ed up the cap, gave some really bad contracts and these are the players they have. The coaching staff is inept, this team is stale, the players are angry., there's no chemistry or even a plan They need big change while Pettersson, Boeser, Hughes, Juolevi, Gaudette, MacEwen and Hoglander are still young.

New GM, New coaching staff. Let's go.

Yet Benning can just hang around and not be held accountable. I don’t get how he isn’t but I have the feeling ownership was involved in a lot of the decisions this off-season that’s why he is still here. They know they made choices that affected the team. It’s the only explanation I can think of.

Even if management changes, the new GM is SCREWED.

He will have to wait for two years to get rid of most of these garbage contracts.

You can’t trade them, can’t buy them out. It’s like a precision sentence.

4 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Podkolzin is over there going..."yeah... No.... I'm gonna stay here for a little while... "

Podkolzin would be great for this team. I hope he comes over soon.

He will do what Hoglander does for this team, moving the feet, forecheck, create turnovers, and play fast.

3 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

The problem is that the switch would give the players the idea that management wants them to lose.

Or it might lighten the mood in the locker room - who knows but the team needs something to help them gel; especially due to the roster turnover we experienced this past offseason.  

A poster posted that in the radio post game discussion that some players in the locker room are not happy about the losses in FA; I would argue, these vets would be better off welcoming the new players to help a better locker rather than focusing on the players that are longer here...

Just now, CanadianRugby said:

On radio they're talking about how mad the players were about Markstrom, Toffoli and Tanev.

Who's "they" and what is their source? 

Whisper campaigns? 

Pretending to speak for players?

I could understand if people are upset about Tanev, moving on -  but in Markstrom's case, it's an either/or - so being angry about him is the equivalent of expecting Demko to have gotten dealt - and in Toffoli's case, he was here for a cup of coffee (and was limping/a liability in the playoffs)  - and again, if they'd blocked Hoglander's path by re-signing Toffoli, people would simply have a reverse angle on their fury over that. 

The funny thing for me - Boeser has 9 goals right now and no one cares.   It's all a chorus of whining about Toffoli, instead.

If Toffoli were here, it would not change a thing - the team's mistakes - almost exclusively braincramp giveaways in lethal areas - can't really be 'defended' effectively.  He's no magic bean in spite of wrecking this team (and only this team) head to head thus far.

I don't buy the story - of pretender, smarm media speaking for the players - and even were that the case, if the players are failing in the present because they're still distracted thinking they'd make better GMs - they would need to pull their heads out of their asses and make like professionals. 

I don't buy that - I don't think they are as petty as the Van media - I think it's more likely projection and a flake attempt to utilize phantom players voices to peddle a hypocritical, contradictory agenda.  How many media were clamouring for Markstrom and Tanev to be re-signed at the time?  Right.

It comes down to needing to play the game the right way, which they haven't been, recently.  

• Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, 24K PureCool said:

If not than it is just hersey by the talking heads.

If they are mad and throwing a temper tantrum than trade the whole lot of them for whatever you can cause you ain't winning anything with these crybabies. When I say everyone, I mean everyone (ok minus Hog, he is still innocent). 

4 minutes ago, ShawnAntoski said:

Time to move on - if this true - and it is time for the team (especially, the veterans) to be welcoming and giving the new players a chance cause at those prices & terms it was the right decision long term..

7 minutes ago, EmilyM said:

It really sucks when your buddies move on, but they need to grow up if that’s what’s got them down. It happens to every team. It happens in any occupation! 

8 minutes ago, rychicken said:

probably time for them to suck it up...

8 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Time for them to gtf over it if true. 

Ok guys.  When you bleed talent and team chemistry you can suck it up all you want, you're going to be worse off as a team.  If you've ever been on a team that's lost a few of their best players, the next year is usually a disappointing year.