The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Toronto Maple Laffs | February 8, 2021 | 4 p.m. PT | TVAS, SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

Everyone pretty much here is in panic mode.Stop it,unless you can go out and buy a team.fire everyon,make owner sell team,fire coach Gm y’all sound like a bunch of stupid whiners,fragile people who can’t take adversity.we suck atm but we haven’t gelled with new team yet ffs people respect the process,I know losing suckS but it’s a necessary step,hang in there mofos!you don’t think Toronto lost in their approach?

9 minutes ago, EddieVedder said:

I love Petey and hes our franchise centre but he doesnt have the same physical skills as Mac.  I know it will hurt fans hearing it but Hughes will never be a Makar and Byram has the ability to be even better than Makar.  

Interesting... I don't see Byram's offensive upside as good as Makar.

On the defensive side of the puck? or both? 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, EddieVedder said:

I love Petey and hes our franchise centre but he doesnt have the same physical skills as Mac.  I know it will hurt fans hearing it but Hughes will never be a Makar and Byram has the ability to be even better than Makar.  

Canucks never had a chance to pick any of those players but the real question is - will Colorado be able to convince them to stay ?

Edited by ShawnAntoski
  • Cheers 1

Well, I give the boys credit because this was the best game they've played since the Winnipeg game.  This was a good team effort and we were unlucky (Miller's crossbar, Andersen's save off Bailey) against a very good team (as are the Canadiens).  The Leafs really picked it up in the third.

I've said this before (before the season started), this is a very tough Division and I doubt, sorry fans, we make the playoffs.  However, I will continue to watch as I have for 50 years and I keep hoping they prove me wrong.  I'm a lifer.  I've said this from the beginning of the season, I'll say it again, I doubt this team will make the playoffs this year.  I'm already hoping for a high first round draft pick and hoping for next year.  I've supported Benning but not this year and I think we need a change.  Rebuild time (not retool).  Keep Horvat, Petterson, Hoglander, Juolevi and Hughes.

Again, I hope the boys prove me wrong and push for a playoff spot.    

Edited by sockeye

Can't blame Schmidt for that kick out to Rielly, just bad luck that he happened to be there
Nice snipe by Petey, at least he's still scoring (and Miller almost had one too, late in the third)
Great to see them outshoot the Leafs, result just wasn't there

The bad
How do they give Matthews so much room for his goal?  On a team where Horvat's been so successful as the bumper, they should know that they can't just let him pivot back and get space, but they need to engage him.
Hughes just skated to a corner and got outmuscled to lose the puck... what was he thinking

My observation on this past couple of weeks, the Canucks look tired and under-practiced.

<Insert "they're a crappy team", "poor coaching", "bad GM", etc comments here. This being said, they can also be a tired, crappy team, yes?>

Looking at this latest series against the Leafs, the Canucks were finishing 6 games in 11 nights, with 3 travel days in there. Toronto had 4 continuous days off followed by 3 games in 5 nights off vs the Canucks.

<Insert "everybody has a tough schedule" here>

I don't mention this for purposes of making excuses for the team, but rather to point out that, assuming the Canucks are still around in the playoff hunt, they have the chance of getting in a few days of practice and healing up at the end of this month prior to flying to Winnipeg, and the Canucks also have a span of 2 games in 11 nights in March (all of them in Vancouver), so if there's a chance that they can still make some noise then this is when it could happen... assuming they are still in the hunt for the playoffs.

regards,  G.

1 minute ago, Gollumpus said:

My observation on this past couple of weeks, the Canucks look tired and under-practiced.

<Insert "they're a crappy team", "poor coaching", "bad GM", etc comments here. This being said, they can also be a tired, crappy team, yes?>

Looking at this latest series against the Leafs, the Canucks were finishing 6 games in 11 nights, with 3 travel days in there. Toronto had 4 continuous days off followed by 3 games in 5 nights off vs the Canucks.

I don't mention this for purposes of making excuses for the team, but rather to point out that, assuming the Canucks are still around in the playoff hunt, they have the chance of getting in a few days of practice and healing up at the end of this month prior to flying to Winnipeg, and the Canucks also have a span of 2 games in 11 nights in March (all of them in Vancouver), so if there's a chance that they can still make some noise then this is when it could happen... assuming they are still in the hunt for the playoffs.

regards,  G.

Is it evil of me to hope the Flames get Covid just so the Canucks can reset?

1 minute ago, Gollumpus said:

regards,  G.

That’s the spirit G could be to our advantage

1 hour ago, kilgore said:

At least he wouldn't try and get himself out of it by throwing out the last of our draft picks, and promising prospects to get another foundational rental.  It will be a "precision" sentence. Next GM will have to be very precise in his moves, no more bad mistakes.

Yes, and the owners need to get out of the way.  Rebuild and no more lost picks and expensive free agents (Linden was right).