The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Toronto Maple Laffs | February 8, 2021 | 4 p.m. PT | TVAS, SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

13 minutes ago, Rick_theRyper said:

I’m hoping at least Gallant comes in this season to change the bad habits forming here too, fingers crossed

I hope aswell, but also we need someone who has the balls to bench scratch veterans for bad play. Not a pushover like Green who finally scratched Eriksson after trillion years

Edited by PositionOfPower
Edit
  • Cheers 1

Just now, PositionOfPower said:

I hope aswell, but also we need someone who has the balls to bench scratch veterans for bad play. Not a pushover like Green who finally benched Eriksson after trillion years

Yeah the Erickson thing took forever I’m surprised he wasn’t in the last game. $&!# gave me grey hairs

6 hours ago, kilgore said:

You’re over dramatizing m my drama.

I'm overdramatizing your drama?

You claimed that the kids are upset because this offseason's moves 'reduces their chances of winning a Cup in their career".

If the team that Benning had assembled was tracking towards such a good chance of winning a Cup - do you see the irony -and how fundamentally that undermines your story?

Can you see the glaring contradiction?

Benning sucks - fire Benning - on and on ad infinitum - and yet, three veterans that were part of a team that just beat Minnesota, the Stanley Cup Champions and went to 7 with Vegas in M.A.S.H. mode - a team that was build by that incompetent idiot.  The raised expectations here to the point you're talking about Championship chances.

This is the crux of the twitter story in Vancouver.

The irony for me - but there's absolutely nothing surprising about it - is that that playoff success is less important in this market than the opportunity to bitch about a few twilight zone weeks at the start of a bizarre covid season.  A herd-minded intent to qualify this compulsive confirmation bias - that Benning is allegedly an idiot - that becomes more important than both the long game - and the playoff results everyone here enjoyed months ago (as if there was some continuum leading straight up to the Cup.   If that were the case, the ironing about all the Benning hate would be that much more delicious.

• Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1