The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Toronto Maple Laffs | February 8, 2021 | 4 p.m. PT | TVAS, SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

4 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

In previous games we'd try to apply pressure at the red line but the other team would build too much speed at that point the Dmen kept having trouble.

This forechecks prevents that sort of speed from being built. It engages the forwards way more too.

Overall good changes. Give credit where it's due to Greener and co. Need to show consistency though then my faith will be restored.

Its nice that we are finally attacking.

1 minute ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Man OJ reads the play so well in all 3 zones.

Once he gets faster he's gonna be a hell of a D.

His development trajectory reminds me so much of Luc Bourdon (RIP).  The season before we lost Luc, he was starting to show why we drafted him so high.  I do not want to give up on OJ.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

In previous games we'd try to apply pressure at the red line but the other team would build too much speed at that point the Dmen kept having trouble.

This forechecks prevents that sort of speed from being built. It engages the forwards way more too.

Overall good changes. Give credit where it's due to Greener and co. Need to show consistency though then my faith will be restored.

They seem to be executing so much better as well/not making life harder for themselves.  Breaking up plays, applying pressure, getting pucks out in the d zone that would have surely resulted in a goal in previous games.  Perhaps it's all coming together finally *knock on wood*