The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Toronto Maple Laffs | February 8, 2021 | 4 p.m. PT | TVAS, SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

I don't always think of a player sitting these days as "benching" or punishment.  They need rest.  It IS a gruelling schedule despite how some choose to ignore it.  Maybe after having such a good game they wanted to let him just coast on that...let it marinade a little.  Not throw him into the fire to have it quickly erased (which may have been the case).

I always think that, with young/new players, it's a fine line to just throwing them in there.   It's a more metered approach.

I remember Gilbert Brule (one of my favourite Giants) and how he was wrecked when he came into the league.  Not really sure why...but it's not an immediate "OK GO" deal.  They have a better feel for things on the bench and can gauge how the players are dealing with pressure.

• Like 2

Just now, VancouverHabitant said:

I know that people have mixed feelings about different new Sportsnet guys, but I don't mind this dude (Satiar Shah?) 

They've done a good job cleaning house, getting rid of Mark Lee, Dave Randorf, PJ Stock, Glenn Healy, Nick Kypreos.  Get rid of MacLean and Hrudy and their job is complete.  All the new guys have been an improvement over the unprofessional dirtbags they've turfed.

• Cheers 1

Just now, ShawnAntoski said:

If this is true, as a Canuck fan, I would like to say that Laffs management made the right decision..

Not the hugest Babs fan. But if your players refuse to play defence, no that's not the right decision. Trade them for guys who will buy into a team game. 

Good 40

Stop need to play even better to win this. When you are in a losing streak, things can fall apart fast. Pay attention to details, manage ice time, compete hard.

Leafs are a confident team on a winning streak. They only have 7 shots but the score is tied. Expect them to play much better. 

Win da turd. 

2 minutes ago, ShawnAntoski said:

If this is true and as a Canuck fan, I would like to say that Laffs management made the right decision..

So you think allowing your players to play like AHL trash in their own end is an effective strategy?  There is a reason they get smoked in the first round every year.

The offseason went as most fans wanted it, ironically - at least 2/3 of free agency.

Very few wanted to see Demko traded.

Very few were willing to give Tanev a contract.

Most people were happy enough with the Schmidt deal.

If it's all about Toffoli, that's enough already.

• Cheers 2