The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Toronto Maple Laffs | February 8, 2021 | 4 p.m. PT | TVAS, SNP

Rate this topic

really hoping for a W tomorrow, but my spirits are low for hockey, so im just hoping theres effort and pushback/emotions at least for now...

• Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1
5 hours ago, Rabbit said:

I missed the last game, however the result tells what the Canucks played.

I am not down too much, and trust the team will turn around soon.

Hoping is the to-morrow game.

GO CANUCKS GO

To quote the tv commercial, hope is not a plan.

5 hours ago, DIBdaQUIB said:

I'm going to watch just to see hoglander show our vets how to play the game. 

Hoglander showing way too much enthusiasm. Obviously not the fit that management wants. Benning will run out of time to sign his next contract.

• Haha 1
5 hours ago, oldnews said:

which of the young core players do you believe are "entitled" and "lazy"?

why does our power play stay out for the entire 2 minutes?

• Hydration 1
8 hours ago, oldnews said:

Are you suggesting they should scratch Edler?

Yes. Send a clear cut message. Benning got rid of the clubhouse identity we had in 2013, there's no point of recreating it by letting vets coast when younger players are chomping at the bits to get playing time. Edler's laziness cost us 2 PP's in the 1st 5 minutes. He gets outmuscled and outworked every shift. It's pathetic. He's not the only problem on the team, but you gotta start somewhere. 

3 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Pettersson, Hughes, Boeser, Gaudette. 

Watch the games. They aren’t putting forth the effort to help their team, at the very least, look like they’re competitive. They’re just floating like everyone else on the team right now, hoping that someone in the veteran core will show them the way. 

Sadly, the veteran core doesn’t seem capable of getting them out of the funk. Should these insanely talented kids not grab that reign and say “&^@# it” and do whatever they can to make their team the best it can be?

Sadly I have to agree with you.  They're just too lackadaisical out there. 

• Vintage 1
2 hours ago, Rush17 said:

If juolevi doesn't play tomorrow or vs Calgary in our first game set. I am calling out the Canucks for concealing an injury. There is no reason he can't play vs cgy. I can see concern of him being exposed by Toronto's speed but he can handle cgy if healthy.

I believe Juolevi is in the taxi squad now, so I doubt hes re-called and plays. I want him in too.

7 minutes ago, Maginator said:

Hopefully Horvat shows some more emotion tonight. You'd think there would be more from him playing his childhood team.

Go Canucks.

He grew up a Red Wings fan. Cheers 

• Huggy Bear 2
32 minutes ago, Maginator said:

I believe Juolevi is in the taxi squad now, so I doubt hes re-called and plays. I want him in too.

He should get some licks but he can take advantage of this time off and get faster. 

Boeser looks like he got his shot back after it faded away a bit with those injuries he had. He looks a step faster this year too. 

Could take a bit longer for OJ’s speed to improve.  Probably something that does over time. 

I wonder how much faster OJ will be closer toward the end of the season? Something to keep tabs on to see how that progresses. 

3 hours ago, luckylager said:

If we lose, it's all Stealths fault for removing the Loui and Baghead reps.

Thats right pal, all on you. 

I blame him too but for a different reason, ever since he combined the GDT and PGT we’ve stunk.

• Haha 1
23 minutes ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

Some reason I like this one better

giphy.gif

Wonder which team will show up, the team that shows up for a paycheck or a team that cares. We are too good to be this bad.

19 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

I blame him too but for a different reason, ever since he combined the GDT and PGT we’ve stunk.

If the team keeps playing with no heart, I may have to join your rant.

• -Vintage Canuck- changed the title to [GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Toronto Maple Laffs | February 8, 2021 | 4 p.m. PT | TVAS, SNP