Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour) Virtanen on the trade block


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, flickyoursedin said:

I’m thinking it’s something around Virtanen for Carlo.

We'd have to add big time for Carlo.  But he'd be my first choice from the entire Boston roster.  Perfect partner for Hughes and can play heavy minutes.  I'd give them Virtanen and Gaudette and even throw in Jett Woo if it meant getting Brandon Carlo.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Especially if we get 27 goal Jake. DeBrusk is $3.675 per season. 

Who gets added? Gaudette? :( Would they take Rooster as an add, and a 2nd rounder? 

Hmm   I could see wake and bake Jake traded to Pitt with their affinity for ex canuck players. The irony if Jared McCann was coming back in return  as part of the package. Lol

 

BOS, PIT, WSH, FLA would be the 4 teams I could see Virtanen getting traded to. Gaudette would be added as well along with a pick and/or prospect like Woo,Lind, Rathbone.

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Watch Virtanen go to Boston and flourish and watch Debrusk come here and.....what's the opposite of 

Personally, I wouldn't do it cause any player that has come from Boston and played on our team has not been good or regressed in there career numbers (the Neely trade still stings); a more recent player of significance is LE.   

 

How about a trade with St Louis instead cause in our history the Canucks seems to do well with them.  

Edited by ShawnAntoski
  • Vintage 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

We'd have to add big time for Carlo.  But he'd be my first choice from the entire Boston roster.  Perfect partner for Hughes and can play heavy minutes.  I'd give them Virtanen and Gaudette and even throw in Jett Woo if it meant getting Brandon Carlo.

No guarantees that Carlo will thrive in Greens and Baumers system - just look at Schmidt.

Edited by ShawnAntoski
  • Hydration 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, ShawnAntoski said:

No guarantees that Carlo will thrive in Greens and Baumers system - just look at Schmidt.

Yeah, that's true. But Carlo is generally a pretty good defenseman yea? 

 

The team is having trouble defensively. How does Carlo compare to Tanev? Would he the guy that replaces Tanev? Is he better than any of our top four defenseman, minus Hughes of course. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, grandmaster said:

Just heard Don and Moj on 1040 mention there are reports from Boston that a trade may be in the works of JV for a Jake Debrusk

Watch Virtanen score 20 there. This year. lol

Edited by Gawdzukes
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Chip Kelly said:

BOS, PIT, WSH, FLA would be the 4 teams I could see Virtanen getting traded to. Gaudette would be added as well along with a pick and/or prospect like Woo,Lind, Rathbone.

Trading Lind and or Rathbone would not be smart with the cap crunch after resigning Hughes, Petey and Demko after this season as both will be needed to play either next season or the season after. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

Yeah, that's true. But Carlo is generally a pretty good defenseman yea? 

 

The team is having trouble defensively. How does Carlo compare to Tanev? Would he the guy that replaces Tanev? Is he better than any of our top four defenseman, minus Hughes of course. 

 

Carlo would be a good add but if I am GM, I would exhaust all internal options first then make a trade cause this season seems to be a regression and instead I would focus on adding picks for this upcoming draft instead.  Imo, everyone from management down to the players are all under assessment right now - Aquaman will have some tough choices to make when this shorten season ends...

 

 

Edited by ShawnAntoski
Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah because Jake’s  the problem.

I’m not defending him but come on he’s in the press box more than he’s in the ice. 

What are we really going to get we are capped out and JB never trades for draft picks however he loves trading them away. 


As for Trading gaudette that would be about a stupid as trading madden for a guy you have no intentions of resigning. 


time for Jim to be fired. 
That’s the next move this club should make. 
And it the only move that instantly improves this organization. 

 

  • Hydration 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, combover said:

JB never trades for draft picks

June 22 2019 Canucks acquire Francis Perron and a  2019 7th round pick

January 17, 2019 Canucks acquire  Luke Schenn and a 2020 7th round pick

January 2  2019 Canucks acquire McKenna, Pyatt and a 2019  6th round pick

March 1/2017 Canucks acquire Goldobin and a conditional 2017 4th round pick

May 25 2016 Canucks acquire Gudbranson and a 2016 5th round pick

 

That is just the first page, all under JB as GM, so just wth are you talking about?

All criticism, low on facts. Your posts are Fake News.

 

http://www.nhltradetracker.com/user/trade_list_by_team/Vancouver_Canucks/1

Edited by gurn
  • Hydration 3
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, gurn said:

June 22 2019 Canucks acquire Francis Perron and a  2019 7th round pick

January 17, 2019 Canucks acquire  Luke Schenn and a 2020 7th round pick

January 2  2019 Canucks acquire McKenna, Pyatt and a 2019  6th round pick

March 1/2017 Canucks acquire Goldobin and a conditional 2017 4th round pick

May 25 2016 Canucks acquire Gudbranson and a 2016 5th round pick

 

That is just the first page, all under JB as GM, so just wth are you talking about?

All criticism, low on facts. Your posts are News.

 

http://www.nhltradetracker.com/user/trade_list_by_team/Vancouver_Canucks/1

Sigh. So from just page 1 Canucks acquire 4 picks whilst trading 9. Aggregate of -5 picks. 2nd page the count is 11 acquired and 19 traded away, -8 picks. The person you quoted is more accurate about JB than you are. 

  • Hydration 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, ShawnAntoski said:

No guarantees that Carlo will thrive in Greens and Baumers system - just look at Schmidt.

Green may not be around very much longer and neither will Baumer so I wouldn't worry too much about that.  Carlo can start watching videos on how Gallant plays his D...

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, PLOGUE said:

Sigh. So from just page 1 Canucks acquire 4 picks whilst trading 9. Aggregate of -5 picks. 2nd page the count is 11 acquired and 19 traded away, -8 picks. The person you quoted is more accurate about JB than you are. 

Wrong, said JB never trades for draft picks and  I listed a bunch.

  • Hydration 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought JV for Roslovic wouldn't be worth it but look at him thrive in a new environment under a tough coach. Goal of the season so far, wish Jake could pull something like that out but in all honesty he needs a change of scenery.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

I thought JV for Roslovic wouldn't be worth it but look at him thrive in a new environment under a tough coach. Goal of the season so far, wish Jake could pull something like that out but in all honesty he needs a change of scenery.

Roslovic now up to a point a game in CBJ.

 

Winnipeg fans have gotta be a little worried right now. Seems like they had a young budding center the whole time but had to trade him and Laine to get one.

 

Edited by DeNiro
Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Roslovic now up to a point a game in CBJ.

 

Winnipeg fans have gotta be a little worried right now. Seems like they had a young budding center the whole time but had to trade him and Laine to get one.

 

Hopefully JB sees this too and doesn't dump Gaudette...he is a cheap contract and he may not be an everyday reliable C, he could turn into a good RW. I liked Gaudette's effort last night, hope he gets a look up the lineup or just regular minutes. Would hold on to him and probably Virtanen too and just bring in a new coach with 0 connections to the team who will bring a fresh set of eyes and give EVERY player a clean slate with similar opportunity

  • Hydration 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Canuckster86 said:

Hopefully JB sees this too and doesn't dump Gaudette...he is a cheap contract and he may not be an everyday reliable C, he could turn into a good RW. I liked Gaudette's effort last night, hope he gets a look up the lineup or just regular minutes. Would hold on to him and probably Virtanen too and just bring in a new coach with 0 connections to the team who will bring a fresh set of eyes and give EVERY player a clean slate with similar opportunity

Agreed.

 

I don’t wanna see any young players traded until we get a new coach in.

 

I think Green has done more harm than good to these young guys confidence. Jake doesn’t even know how to play anymore.

  • Hydration 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Especially if we get 27 goal Jake. DeBrusk is $3.675 per season. 

Who gets added? Gaudette? :( Would they take Rooster as an add, and a 2nd rounder? 

Throw in Ericksson for free.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, combover said:

Yeah because Jake’s  the problem.

I’m not defending him but come on he’s in the press box more than he’s in the ice. 

What are we really going to get we are capped out and JB never trades for draft picks however he loves trading them away. 


As for Trading gaudette that would be about a stupid as trading madden for a guy you have no intentions of resigning. 


time for Jim to be fired. 
That’s the next move this club should make. 
And it the only move that instantly improves this organization. 

 

 

that you believe Benning had no intention of re-signing Toffoli when that deal was made....shows you haven't changed a whiff.

 

welcome  back Mr Sunshine.

  • Like 1
  • Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...