The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour) Virtanen on the trade block

2 hours ago, GhostsOf1994 said:

He's more like a defense version of Miller. 

Intense, demanding, grumpy.

Not a fighter but will engage, does hit and at 6"4 you feel it.

Nashville isn't trading Ekholm, Josi or Ellis.

Three of the major ingredients which make up the incalculable “HEART” of the sport.

Something Virtanen needs to learn fast.

Love the dude.
But he’s following; not leading. And he can. We’ve seen it.

He needs to get intense, demanding, and grumpy.

Thanks to his size, he only needs to work on the grumpy.

Edited by Me_
  • Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

17 minutes ago, Me_ said:

Three of the major ingredients which make up the incalculable “HEART” of the sport.

Something Virtanen needs to learn fast.

Love the dude.
But he’s following; not leading. And he can. We’ve seen it.

He needs to get intense, demanding, and grumpy.

Thanks to his size, he only needs to work on the grumpy.

He's got the grumpy. He's the Defender that took Petey out only to be awarded a penalty shot and poor Rinne is still looking for his jock

Forgot to mention during the entire incident abive that Ekholm was raging on and off the bench. ( is this the same game Myers decked forsberg?)

Edited by GhostsOf1994
Shot with an I #2 point
  • Vintage 1

28 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

Probably. What a sweet deal it would be though. 0% chance we have the cap space for this.

Ouch.

Eriksson is a definite part of that regardless.

Why he may have played?

Great way to get out of that contract for Toronto. It is a highly controversial contract in Toronto. He has been criticized into oblivion in every living room in the Province.

VAN

Nylander

TOR

Pearson

Virtanen

MILLER - PETTERSSON - BOESER

HÖGLANDER - HORVAT - NYLANDER

2 minutes ago, Me_ said:

Ouch.

Eriksson is a definite part of that regardless.

Why he may have played?

Great way to get out of that contract for Toronto. It is a highly controversial contract in Toronto. He has been criticized into oblivion in every living room in the Province.

VAN

Nylander

TOR

Pearson

Virtanen

MILLER - PETTERSSON - BOESER

HÖGLANDER - HORVAT - NYLANDER

Sploooosh:wub:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Provost said:

His value is nothing...

He had a short heater for a few weeks in the middle of last season... he was awful in the first part of last season and awful since.

I quoted it recently, but may be misremembering... I think he has 9 points in his last 48 games... or a 15 point pace over a full 82 game season.

He is paid $3.4 million next year in real dollars and has a $2.55 million cap hit.  The bottom feeding teams don’t want to lay out that much cash for low end 4th line production, and contending teams don’t want to pay that kind of cap hit for someone who can’t crack our weak bottom 6 roster as a regular.

we shall see. I get your take on him, just don't think the league would view him as low as you do, but we'll know soon enough. 

1 hour ago, Wayne Glensky said:

I’d be all over that. Nylander has unreal hands and can move the puck with ease. 

People think Jake is too lazy and want that overpriced floater?  Any legit NHL coach would be tearing his hair out trying to get Nylander to put in an honest effort.  You don't win with lazy sacks of **** who are scared of the puck.

5 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

People think Jake is too lazy and want that overpriced floater?  Any legit NHL coach would be tearing his hair out trying to get Nylander to put in an honest effort.  You don't win with lazy sacks of **** who are scared of the puck.

But the hair...

Is this bogus? 

I don't know... is there a less talented cousin playing in the 2nd tier Swedish league we don't know about?  This is obviously not referring to William Nylander, unless the add from us is massive.

The guy has no inside knowledge or presence from anything visible on his twitter, just a fan.  It seems to be a joke as he posted this as his source...

Eud9-SBVkAMFIS2.jpg

Edited by Provost
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

Is this bogus? 

Lol. No one is giving up Nylander for Virtanen alone. JV has no value considering his salary is 3.4 mill next year cap hit 2.55. 

It would need a significant add on Canucks part. 

Not happening. 

Edited by WHL rocks
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Lol. No one is giving up Nylander for Virtanen alone. JV has no value considering his salary is 3.4 mill next year cap hit 2.55. 

It would need a significant add on Canucks part. 

Not happening. 

Nylander has one of the worst contracts in the NHL, with 3 more years after this one at an almost $7 million cap hit while putting in such a pitiful excuse for an effort he'd get kicked off a beer league team.  He has massive negative value and I don't want our kids to think his refusal to even attempt to play like an NHLer in his own end is acceptable from a professional hockey player. 

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

Nylander has one of the worst contracts in the NHL, with 3 more years after this one at an almost $7 million cap hit while putting in such a pitiful excuse for an effort he'd get kicked off a beer league team.  He has massive negative value and I don't want our kids to think his refusal to even attempt to play like an NHLer in his own end is acceptable from a professional hockey player. 

HÖGLANDER - PETTERSSON - NYLANDER

A tha three Crowns.