The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour) Virtanen on the trade block

1 hour ago, Nicklas Bo Hunter said:

Alex nylander guys...

Alex Nylander might (ironically/coincidentally) make some sense - but he's on LTIR (and not necessarily a fit).

William Nylander - is getting torn to pieces in the Leafs media - the pitchforks are out (Canadian markets are ridiculous goldfish bowls) - but that makes zero sense for either team.

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, Wayne Glensky said:

Is this bogus? 

Not sure who this guy is. Would make sense though for Toronto dollar wise but we would need to add for value and cap purposes.

Their core 4 plus Reilly is really expensive and Reilly is due for a new contract in like 2 years if memory serves me right. If they like the additions they added for grit and size going cheaper, larger, and maybe more north/south with Jake would be beneficial.

Reilly's next contract isn't going to be cheap. Plus Anderson needs to get paid if they decide they want to keep him. Nylander would thrive here I would have no problem with a Jake/Nylander swap if we can move out another body. 

Nylander is overpaid a bit but we can make it work if we move out some costly vets. With all of that said though I have no idea who this guy is and I'm confused how he's verified.

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, Me_ said:

Ouch.

Eriksson is a definite part of that regardless.

Why he may have played?

Great way to get out of that contract for Toronto. It is a highly controversial contract in Toronto. He has been criticized into oblivion in every living room in the Province.

VAN

Nylander

TOR

Pearson

Virtanen

MILLER - PETTERSSON - BOESER

HÖGLANDER - HORVAT - NYLANDER

Vancouver Swedes 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, smokes said:

So we give up Madden for Toffoli, he almost gets a point a game for us, then we decide to let him walk so we can keep Virtanen, Then we give him a third of a season chance before we trade him? When we could have kept Toffoli and trade Virtanen in the off season? No, Benning needs to ride this out. I did not see Toffoli single handedly make us say uncle for a 1/3 of a season bet. You need to go all in on this one.

That is what you call a sunk cost fallacy and is the cause of many a bad decision (including keeping Virtanen this long).

If you can shed his cap hit, do it.  That has more likelihood of being useful than the remote chance that Virtanen after 6 seasons suddenly blossoms into something he has never been.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Rush17 said:

Not sure who this guy is. Would make sense though for Toronto dollar wise but we would need to add for value and cap purposes.

Their core 4 plus Reilly is really expensive and Reilly is due for a new contract in like 2 years if memory serves me right. If they like the additions they added for grit and size going cheaper, larger, and maybe more north/south with Jake would be beneficial.

Reilly's next contract isn't going to be cheap. Plus Anderson needs to get paid if they decide they want to keep him. Nylander would thrive here I would have no problem with a Jake/Nylander swap if we can move out another body. 

Nylander is overpaid a bit but we can make it work if we move out some costly vets. With all of that said though I have no idea who this guy is and I'm confused how he's verified.

Maybe Alex Nylander...

Nylander would be a huge mistake and it’s not just because he’s soft. If you added Sutter or Pearson to Virtanen to land him it may work cap wise this year (maybe not because Vancouver would have to call up an extra player) but chances are the Canucks are letting both Sutter and Pearson walk in the off season to sign Hughes and Petey.  I don’t think they could manage it with nylander on the books especially because you need to re-sign Edler or at least replace him on D. 

Why does everyone like nylander. He’s a perimeter player, Raymond 2.0.  

Toronto can’t stand this fool.   He’s getting ripped front page news, calling him an IKEA project.  He comes with assembly with missing pieces and difficult instructions to build.  

f this guy. And he’s signed for 6 years!!!  
Id rather masterbate on a Cheese grater then to see this clown in a Canucks uniform! 

........ serenity now.... ok I’m calm again

Edited by sassbs
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 2

34 minutes ago, sassbs said:

Why does everyone like nylander. He’s a perimeter player, Raymond 2.0.  

Toronto can’t stand this fool.   He’s getting ripped front page news, calling him an IKEA project.  He comes with assembly with missing pieces and difficult instructions to build.  

f this guy. And he’s signed for 6 years!!!  
Id rather masterbate on a Cheese grater then to see this clown in a Canucks uniform! 

........ serenity now.... ok I’m calm again

On a Cheese Grater? Man, are you pissed! Make sure you wash your dishes!

• Haha 1