The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour) Virtanen on the trade block

20 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Watch Virtanen go to Boston and flourish and watch Debrusk come here and.....what's the opposite of flourish?

I reckon first impressions it might feel that way since Virtanen would be going to a team and Debrusk would be going to a tire fire atm.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Yes, but I'm more interested in VAN's needs. I think it would be a mistake to trade Virtanen just to shake things up. Jake isn't the problem with this team.

Debrusk might be a good player to come back, but he's injured, and only has 1 assist this year in 6 games. He'd also have to quarantine for 2 weeks. 

With Jake out of the lineup most of the season I don’t think the quarantine would be an issue. I don’t think it would be a mistake at all. Would be good for him I think. He’s hit a dead end with this team and he hasn’t capitalized on his chances. Other than last year he’s been the same old Jake. 

15 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Rooster and Jake would be great taxi squad additions for a playoff bound team. Added depth plus a fresh start.

Doubt teams want to use that kind of cap space for their taxi squad.   Roussel at 3M and has another year - he’s no young player with upside. 

5 minutes ago, Down by the River said:

Lol. I also heard this on 1040 when Button was on. Button nearly laughed and then dryly said that that would be "a good trade for Vancouver". There is no way Boston does this. DeBrusk is miles better than JV. 

Virtanen for Toffoli would have made a ton of sense in Winter 2020. 

We would definitely have to add in the deal.  We could throw in Gaudette and he could go back home.  Maybe get a draft pick in return.

• Cheers 1