The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour) Virtanen on the trade block

On 2/25/2021 at 12:09 PM, Gollumpus said:

Well, the folks here who don't like Green will say, "Fire Green, this is evidence that he doesn't know how to use the talent on this team!"

The folks who like Green will say, "See, Green knows how to develop, motivate and get the best from his talent!"

The people who don't like Virtanen will claim, "Meh, it's just another streak. Virtanen is inconsistent and should be traded."

The people who like Virtanen will say, "See, this is the talent that is finally starting to shine through! Don't trade him."

Most everybody else will be somewhere in between.

regards,  G.

deja vue all over again. mister in between.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Haven't like the inconsistency in Virtanen's game for years.  Sometimes it looks like he could care less but Heinen's game has never, (at any level) 

had any obstinance.  Something our team could do with more of.  Not talking about all Roussel's  ill advised attempts at it.

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, BPA said:

The proposed deal with ANA looks like a swap of projects giving players a fresh start.  Pass.  The other guy was orginally from Bos to Ana.  Would be his 3rd team if traded to Vancouver.  So no thanks. 

Tanner Pearson was on his 3rd team, Tyler Toffoli is on his 3rd as well...

5 minutes ago, timmylu1 said:

Tanner Pearson was on his 3rd team, Tyler Toffoli is on his 3rd as well...

Those guys are pretty consistent 40pt players.

JV and Heinen are avg 30pt players.  But doing poorly this year.  About the same height and weight.   JV is younger by a year at 24.

32 minutes ago, BPA said:

The proposed deal with ANA looks like a swap of projects giving players a fresh start.  Pass.  The other guy was orginally from Bos to Ana.  Would be his 3rd team if traded to Vancouver.  So no thanks. 

Heinen was traded from Boston in a hockey trade. He never stops giving everything he has every game.

Being his third team in not an indictment of the player, this happens often

• Cheers 1

18 minutes ago, BPA said:

Those guys are pretty consistent 40pt players.

JV and Heinen are avg 30pt players.  But doing poorly this year.  About the same height and weight.   JV is younger by a year at 24.

Isn't Heinen like 188lbs.

I think Virtanen may be a wee bit bigger than that.

3 hours ago, b3. said:

Trading the guy you took over Toffoli 20 games into the szn...

Imagine that :lol:

I'm not sure it went down exactly like that.  Virtanen was signed only when Toffoli wasn't going to sign.  They couldn't afford to lose 2 right wingers.  I think Benning was trying to shop Virtanen all along.

Now, things have changed.  Who knew that Hoglander was going to fit right in?

8 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Isn't Heinen like 188lbs.

I think Virtanen may be a wee bit bigger than that.

Lol.  I must have saw someone else's stats. 

You are correct.  JV is listed as 226lbs.  Geez.  With his size, JV should be steamrolling players.

• Cheers 1