The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour) Virtanen on the trade block

1 minute ago, Pears said:

Listen. I’ve been one of Virtanen’s biggest defenders, but making a case that he’s better than DeBrusk is just silly. 

Your one line is silly.   Do your homework and make a proper case.  All you're doing here is countering outcomes with hard-headed nonsense / an arrogant one-liner that you've backed up with nothing.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, oldnews said:

he showed up out of shape, took forever to get in shape. and floated around like a someone cashing in on the verge of retirement.

he was the worst player on the team when the puck wasn't on his stick.

a nice story has been spun though - about his 'influence' on the Sedins and Kesler....showed them how not to be a professional.

Just now, oldnews said:

Your one line is silly.   Do your homework and make a proper case.  All you're doing here is countering outcomes with hard-headed nonsense / an arrogant one-liner that you've backed up with nothing.

Didn’t have to. You just described Virtanen to a tee. 

5 minutes ago, Down by the River said:

I don't get it. Why is he wrong here?

I already answered your question at length. If you have a counterpoint, let alone case, let it rip - I'm all ears.

Question - where would you propose to play DeBrusk in this lineup?

42 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Yes, but I'm more interested in VAN's needs. I think it would be a mistake to trade Virtanen just to shake things up. Jake isn't the problem with this team.

Debrusk might be a good player to come back, but he's injured, and only has 1 assist this year in 6 games. He'd also have to quarantine for 2 weeks

For 2 weeks!?!?..Didn't the Super Bowl have 22,000 fans in attendance!?!

2 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

Have we even considered if Green is the problem here?

So many people are playing terrible hockey here, minus players like Motte who seem to be the exception rather than the rule.

I certainly have don’t get me wrong, and have wondered how he’d do with a coach who had the ability to light a fire under his ***. 

I've been one of the loudest give him time supporters but the kid aint getting it.

After seeing how he handled the offseason here in the Okanagan I am not sure that he ever will.

Trade him for whatever you can get and whine after he puts two decent seasons together somewhere else

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, oldnews said:

That's what I though - you're a one-liner champion.

Anyone that makes trades informed by one-liners shouldn't even bother with fantasy hockey.

Oh so your two-liners are better? Didn’t know that was worse than blindly defending a player who, by no means, has earned anyones defense. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Pears said:

I certainly have don’t get me wrong, and have wondered how he’d do with a coach who had the ability to light a fire under his ***. 

The whole team is on fire and the one place we're not looking is the stove, when everyone is up in arms about the architect of the house.

25 minutes ago, oldnews said:

If people here are whining about Virtanen's production....

DeBrusk

1 pt in 6 games

81.8% ozone starts

3 hits

1.6 on ice goals for, 2.4 against.

Virtanen

1 pt in 11g.

42.6% ozone starts

25 hits.

2.5 on ice goals for, 1.0 against.

Last year

Debrusk

19g, 16a, 35 pts,  -1

35 hits

16:03/game

59.1% ozone starts

2:33 /game powerplay ice time.

He's played primarily with Bergeron and Marchand in those 6 games.

Virtanen

18g, 18a, 36 pts, -4

102 hits

13:05/game

52% ozone starts

0:52 pp ice time.

Pass on a Virtanen, DeBrusk deal.

That's DeBrusk on a contender btw, playing on Krejci's line.

Virtanen on the other hand is moving all over the place, and has played primarily on bottom six lines with Sutter, Gaudette.

No thanks.  DeBrusk is a top6 or bust type player - Virtanen can be a valuable bottom six guy that can move up the lineup - has played a lot more hard minutes....

Pls i really hope this isn't a shake it up trade. if so its going to blow up in JBs face .Id rather keep jake at his current dollar than trade for a similar player ,making more. This isnt a jake issue,this is 100% a coaching/team issue that wont be fixed by trading him. Especially for what he's going to get you in return. This a tragic knee jerk reaction to side track fans from the real issues.They havent a clue on how to right the ship at this time.

• Cheers 2

9 minutes ago, Pears said:

Oh so your two-liners are better? Didn’t know that was worse than blindly defending a player who, by no means, has earned anyones defense. 

Yawn.

You responded to 28 lines with a weak one-liner. 

Yours is the willful blindness - I posted actual outcomes - which you can't address except with doubled down ignorant one-liners.

Any lines I've wasted since are just that - a waste of time.

If you have any subtance to offer, post it.

• Upvote 1