The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour) Virtanen on the trade block

57 minutes ago, aGENT said:

The panick on this fan base is hilarious. Same thing happened the first couple days after free agency :picard:

It's not like we're seeing a billion other trades happening on other teams and we're 'missing out'. This is how TDL's function literally every year.  Most teams wait until closer to the TDL to see where they are in standings, maximize pro rated cap space, see where they have injuries/holes etc, etc. You think people would learn...

If we can get some picks in to help move salary out, that would be nice. I'm not going to lose sleep over it.

If some GM had offered a 2nd for Sutter e.g., I'm sure Jim would have been all over that like a beagle on a hamburger. 

2 hours ago, kanucks25 said:

Don't mind Nutivaara as a player. Like Schmidt, a left shot that plays the right side.

Ironically he's been pushed out of the Panthers lineup by Forsling.

Yea I don't mind him either but I don't know if I'd do this trade now as I don't feel this move would impact the remainder of this season. I'd wait until the season is done and see what other options are out there. I feel like Markus could be had for a late round pick in the off season, though Jake's value may not be much more than that either. Unless this a move that is being made to expose MN and protect Myers while allowing the team to protect another forward over JV. Though this again can be done before the ED as well. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, KariyaSakicAnderson said:

Yea I don't mind him either but I don't know if I'd do this trade now as I don't feel this move would impact the remainder of this season. I'd wait until the season is done and see what other options are out there. I feel like Markus could be had for a late round pick in the off season, though Jake's value may not be much more than that either. Unless this a move that is being made to expose MN and protect Myers while allowing the team to protect another forward over JV. Though this again can be done before the ED as well. 

Agree with all of this.

The player is fine, but at this point it seems unnecessary with how many variables there will be this summer.

That said, I highly doubt we get a better deal for Virtanen at any point going forward. Perhaps @ 50% retained a team is willing to take a flyer.

4 hours ago, Canuckster86 said:

I hope the return for Jake is NOT Nutivarra, the guy just got traded as a cap dump for an AHL plug this past fall... Maybe its a bigger deal and we take Connolly back but makes 0 sense to acquire yet another LHD. 

FLA

Virtanen

VAN

Nutivaara

1st ‘21

No point in getting Nutivaara. You don’t trade a former 1st rounder for a former 7th rounder.

If he’s not a giant, doesn’t pile up points, is Juolevi that lonely?

B61719F1-DADE-4815-84BC-8D66B61ED458.jpeg

CF4645E2-85B7-4DBB-87CC-846D73F85C21.jpeg

Edited by Me_
1 hour ago, kenhodgejr said:

Aaron Ekblad would look real good with Q.Hughes 

You willing to pay the rumoured asking price of a 1st, and elite prospect and a third asset? 

1 hour ago, qwijibo said:

You willing to pay the rumoured asking price of a 1st, and elite prospect and a third asset? 

If it's 1st, Virtanen and Eriksson.   Then yes.  Lol.

37 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

Of course. Lol. But it’s reportedly more like 1st, Hoglander, Virtanen 

Ouch.

Maybe if it was Ekblad + 2nd for 1st, Hogz and Virt.  Then I'd be tempted. 

1 hour ago, qwijibo said:

Of course. Lol. But it’s reportedly more like 1st, Hoglander, Virtanen 

I’d do it.

Love watching Hoglander and what he brings but this team isn’t going anywhere if it doesn’t do something about the D.

Ekblad is that legit number 1 D with size that we need. Much harder to acquire than a winger.

• Thanks 1

A deal centered around Nutivaara????? I would rather just hear Benning put the Jake rumours to rest and let him ride it out here instead of risking him working out somewhere else. I get that a deal may be in best interest for both Jake and the team, but it has to benefit the team somehow. Don't see where Nutivaara fits - another left-sided D, and Juolevi is just waiting for a chance ..

There's lots of other players on FLA that are interesting & it's been too long since Van and FLA made a deal, but if it's Jake straight across for Nutivaara I will be disappointed, if he happens to be part of a package that would different.

I like BCer Juulsen and want him to work out as much as the next guy but he's barely played any hockey in 3 years and hasn't really shown any flashes of working out outside of training camp... not to mention he was a waiver claim, can't imagine he's worth much.

Weegar would be ideal, he's looked great this year, but can't imagine FLA moving him now. Duclair has looked good this year in the games I've watched. Connolly is waiver fodder at this point but with LTIR space could be a pickup somehow..

5 hours ago, DeNiro said:

I’d do it.

Love watching Hoglander and what he brings but this team isn’t going anywhere if it doesn’t do something about the D.

Ekblad is that legit number 1 D with size that we need. Much harder to acquire than a winger.

I would easily move Hoggie , Virt and a 1st for Ek. But is there really any chance Florida's going to move him this year? They're looking like contenders this year, I can't see them moving him rn.

7 hours ago, DeNiro said:

I’d do it.

Brain fart.  I was half asleep when I read the post. That’s the kind of  rumoured ask for Ekholm out of Nashville.  No way Florida is moving Ekblad. But yeah. I’d pay that for Ekblad in a second.  Wouldn’t even consider it for Ekholm