The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour) Virtanen on the trade block

Just now, mll said:

The ask is a 1st round pick, an elite prospect and another asset per LeBrun.  

so for us its something in the 11-14th oa, Juolevi or Podkolzin, and AG. I think I'd pass and just re-up Edler for 2.5 mil. 

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

so for us its something in the 11-14th oa, Juolevi or Podkolzin, and AG. I think I'd pass and just re-up Edler for 2.5 mil. 

Juolevi is probably not seen as an elite prospect.  He’s waiver eligible next season and can’t get in the lineup. 

2 hours ago, mll said:

Benning agrees with the decision and demoted him to the taxi squad.

to me that seems very much like a Green decision that Jim wouldn't argue with, it is the coaches team to field after all. 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

to me that seems very much like a Green decision that Jim wouldn't argue with, it is the coaches team to field after all. 

We are suffering a lot with forward injuries as well so I figure that plays a part. 

4 hours ago, higgyfan said:

Panthers are desperate to unload some of their D as they lose one in the ED. 

Huh? This doesn't make sense. You saying they want to get rid of D because they are losing one to expansion? Make themselves weaker in a position that they are going to get weaker in...

3 minutes ago, BigTramFan said:

Huh? This doesn't make sense. You saying they want to get rid of D because they are losing one to expansion? Make themselves weaker in a position that they are going to get weaker in...

Getting Virtanen for a dman is better than getting nothing in return when Seattle takes him.  Or maybe the want to give up a draft pick or a decent prospect for Seattle not to pick him up.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

5 hours ago, Zhukini said:

I'd be happy with almost anything coming back

That's right!!! It's called salary dump for players that no longer have a long term future here!!! Sadly, we can only use Virtanen as no teams would be interested in taking cap hits for Roussel, Sutter....  thanks to JB!! The new NHL now operates on finding gems and reclamation projects for $800k to $1.5M!!!!

5 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

Getting Virtanen for a dman is better than getting nothing in return when Seattle takes him.  Or maybe the want to give up a draft pick or a decent prospect for Seattle not to pick him up.

Seattle would take Gudas, not Nuutivara. So that means FLA lose two Dmen...

7 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I'm pretty skeptical of that one tbh, I suspect that was driven by ANA in the media and not JB, at least I hope so.

I like the idea of trading Jake for defence vs. another problematic winger, even if its bottom pairing d. 

If we were judging this from the outside, a top 9 winger makes sense for a decent bottom pair d that could occasionally play up the line with injuries. 

Trade him for Stecher? :frantic::rolleyes:

• Haha 1