The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

TSN 1040 has been eliminated

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

3 minutes ago, davidgoliath said:

I wonder if the 1040 people could do like the CHEK employees did when the corporates were shutting down the tv station. As I understand it they banded together and acquired the operation themselves. And it still is running and providing employment as well as being a community treasure in the Van Isle market.

I hope they will get creative and put something  together. Get some unconventional financing through Van City credit union? Go Fund Me? Angel investor?

The idea of a comedy station at 1040 is truly a very sick joke. Will these mass firings and change of format trigger a review of licence by the Canadian Radio and Television Commission?

I would chip in whatever little i could

7 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

We gotta start the #BoycottBell trend. 

Get influencers and local sports and national sports figures to retweet. 

2 minutes ago, Hamhuis Hip Check said:

Im all in for that 

Good. Now we need someone who knows what the &^@# they’re doing to launch this and get it trending. 

@StealthNuck

@-Vintage Canuck-

Edited by Sharpshooter
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Raspberries said:

Yes, this is 100% Bell.  They have spent the last month laying people off all over the country.  Many who have been there for a very long time.  I know several personally. And sadly, it is common practice for corporations to march people out within 30 minutes.  That is down to the lawyers.  If you believe Bell is somehow a saintly company who wouldn't disrespect their employees when they slash their jobs with no notice you are very much mistaken.  

"Life is funny, skies are sunny, bees make honey
Who needs money? Monopoly!"

• Cheers 1

I continue to feel like something wrong has happened here though cannot justify it. Why is the government bailing out Bell with pandemic monies and then I lose my favourite sports station and a bunch of people lose their jobs. This all feels ass backwards. Could they not have spared some money for our sports talk radio.

Edited by TheCustodian

22 minutes ago, Hamhuis Hip Check said:

Im trying, in all honesty my wife got fired from her care home the other day because her new boss wanted to replace te union with temporary foreign workers so im a little anti capitalist at the moment and this is just what i need to blow off steam

That’s disgusting. I’m sorry that happened to your wife. Those cheap scumbags always want more for themselves. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Lets spread the word, reddit, instagram hell even parler if we have to, make it loud, make it impossible for them to ignore us. Cancel any services you can and dont go switch to the big 3. We have options today we never had before to hurt these companies financially and its about damn time we use them.

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Hamhuis Hip Check said:

Lets spread the word, reddit, instagram hell even parler if we have to, make it loud, make it impossible for them to ignore us. Cancel any services you can and dont go switch to the big 3. We have options today we never had before to hurt these companies financially and its about damn time we use them.

I’ve already started. Glad to see so many like minded folks here. Huge respect to you all. 

• Cheers 2