The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

TSN 1040 has been eliminated

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

3 minutes ago, Provost said:

I am cancelling them off my cable package... I only kept TSN for the personalities and hockey draft/trade deadline stuff.  I don't watch their other sports.

I am a huge fan of the CFL and the ATP, but even Cuthbert doesn’t do the announcing anymore.  The only good TSN personalities left are Gord Miller and Ray Ferraro.  I don’t know if I can get CFL games anywhere else but I’d definitely cancel TSN anytime besides the CFL season and world juniors.

9 hours ago, gurn said:

Sadly, a few days ago I "went on air" and Matt was commending me on my voice. Asked if I'd worked in the industry, then said it was a good thing I didn't given what was happening to the trade.

You happen to know at about what time that call was?  I’d like to give it a listen.

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, RomanP said:

No disagreement on that, but now we are talking about moral side of the story. Very few large corporations put "morals" and "financials" on the same line.

I will agree to disagree, as I have worked for corporations that do not follow that code.

Pretty gutless way to go about business by Bell.  

Also rough to be doing well ratings wise, etc and still lose your job.  1040 hasn’t been my cup of tea for years but obviously a lot of people liked them.. feel for people good at their jobs getting fired. Cutthroat doesn’t even fully describe that. 

• Cheers 1

47 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I’ve already started. Glad to see so many like minded folks here. Huge respect to you all. 

I’ve contacted my local MP as TSN1040 was also broadcasted in Kelowna and told them what a crock of $&!# this is and our politicians need to be notified of this. &^@# YOU BELL !!!!

• Thanks 1

Their second most successful station in the country?  Why? And just to cut not only the radio personalities and other workers off like that but fans too.  Many of us have a long time connection with many of them. Donnie Taylor for sure. This was the station that morphed originally from Sports Page with Taylor and host Paul Carson who was the main force behind the start of Team 1040. 

I preferred 1040 over 650 most of the time.  Loved the banter between the morning and afternoon hosts. We had to suffer for years of Sekeresness, before Halford and Brough joined 1040 and at least made fun of it.

I liked listening to Donnie and the Moj as well.  Donnie was getting more vicious and relentless on Moj lately, but I still liked their mix of sports, guests, and silliness.

I don't have any Bell accounts, or I'd cancel culture their azz. Just remember, if you do, let them know why.  Its very important they know

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

So I tried searching and Jason Brough deleted his Twitter account now.  Don’t know why he did that instead of just changing his name because I always liked checking up on his Twitter comments during the game and he had some of the best Canucks Twitter posts of all time.  Really sucks and hope he and Halford can come back.

2 minutes ago, Rindiculous said:

So I tried searching and Jason Brough deleted his Twitter account now.  Don’t know why he did that instead of just changing his name because I always liked checking up on his Twitter comments during the game and he had some of the best Canucks Twitter posts of all time.  Really sucks and hope he and Halford can come back.

All laid off employees have to remove TSN from their handle, so he changed his to: https://twitter.com/SadClubCommish
His old handle will lead to dead links

• Cheers 1