The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

TSN 1040 has been eliminated

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

11 minutes ago, CanadianRugby said:

Really sad to see so many people cheering that a bunch of people lost their jobs with no warning.  If you don't like a radio station, or host, you can choose not to listen.  It's not like most people that work at a radio station are exactly rolling in money.  

Who is cheering it? 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, beni said:

change.org petitions are a joke, nothing will come of it.

You need to engage with your government officials and get a real petition sponsored so they can do something about the subsidy. 

Well i posted a bunch of government twitter accounts, i can work on getting emails and phone numbers too if you want to help

3 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

It’s not even that 1040 wasn’t a great station for sports, or that some of us had it on our radio throughout the day, it’s the fact that this piece of $&!# company took our taxpayer money and then still screwed good Canadian people out of their jobs, livelihoods and their families, just to do what?, make a comedy station while paying dividends to shareholders??

So sick of this bull$&!# corporate bailouts where the littles guys always get the shaft.

&^@# Bell. 

3 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

It’s not even that 1040 wasn’t a great station for sports, or that some of us had it on our radio throughout the day, it’s the fact that this piece of $&!# company took our taxpayer money and then still screwed good Canadian people out of their jobs, livelihoods and their families, just to do what?, make a comedy station while paying dividends to shareholders??

So sick of this bull$&!# corporate bailouts where the littles guys always get the shaft.

&^@# Bell. 

Yep, Bell’s earnings up by a third and raised their dividend. Also, the guy who signed off on this is Wade Oosterman who last year was paid almost $7 million !! Bell has declared moral bankruptcy.

Bell did a jerk move. But one thing I've learned about broadcasting, you can be #1 for years. But you get a bunch of MBA's and bean counters. They will look for someone younger and cheaper to do the job all the time. I have to say up until recently I was hoping TSN would make a serious bid to get the NHL rights back. 

Now, yeah if it means Bell is earning the profit, hope they lose for another 10 years. 

• Cheers 1

This was a tough day for sure. 

I don't understand how Bell could do what they did in the manner that they did it in. Are they just jerks over there? 

Not supporting Bell or any of their initiatives, I don't &^@#ing care if it's Bell Let's Talk Day. 

The way they treated those men and women at 1040 would have caused great mental health issues. You just don't treat people like that. 

&^@# that corporation. 

Hopefully the people who were laid off today will get back on their feet again. Podcasts, subscriptions, etc. We need more, not less sports radio in this city. 

• Thanks 3

Never had an account with Bell ever.  Had Rogers and Shaw at one time but now I am 100% with Telus for everything. The Whitecaps should cancel their sponsorship will Bell immediately and allow Telus to be their sponsor. Then they can rename BC Place to Telus Place which was the intention years ago but Bell stopped it by threatening to pull their sponsorship from the Whitecaps. We don’t need Bell in this City. It is a company based in Montreal. Everyone should support our local company Telus.  Way better service anyways.