The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

TSN 1040 has been eliminated

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

13 minutes ago, Provost said:

bah... just went to put on 1040 in the background while I started my workday before I remembered.

same, now listening to 1130, talking about Canucks...

edit - and other stuff, Definitely not the same

Edited by NUCKER67
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, EmilyM said:

I really hope 650 grabs Donnie, but I wonder if he'll go back after being booted out by them before.

Not sure if he would go back, think it was a bad "break up". He is closing in on retirement, think that was a reason he left SN to have less of a work load and it be only during the daytime to have more time with family? 

I could be completely wrong tho, hope Don Taylor gets back in the sports game in some capacity tho!!

11 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

mmm. I'm not a lawyer but:

If these folk are truly former employees then why would/how could former contract language prohibit a move.?

Unless Bell was going to pay these people not to be working, I don't see how they could have any say in the matter. 

2 minutes ago, gurn said:

If these folk are truly former employees then why would/how could former contract language prohibit a move.?

Unless Bell was going to pay these people not to be working, I don't see how they could have any say in the matter. 

A contract can say (almost) whatever you want. The contracts were signed before Bell's decision to shut the station down, so it wouldn't be out of the ordinary in their industry to have non-compete clauses built into their contracts to dissuade talent from leaving and working at a rival.

I don't know what their contract looks like but the enforceability of the clause usually does not depend on why the talent left, but since Bell shut the station down it'd be nothing but pure evil if they were not going to waive it now.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, gurn said:

non-compete clauses are incredibly common and do not end when a contract is terminated; in fact, they're usually put in place specifically for WHEN the contract is terminated.