The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

TSN 1040 has been eliminated

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

This is genuinely terrible.  I will be cancelling TSN off my TV package as All I ever watched was for their better personalities and regional coverage.

I wish some version of Sports Page came back.

650 isn’t very good

Edited by Provost
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, TheCustodian said:

650 sucks simply because they employ Andrew Walker. If they were smart they'd immediately pickup some of 1040's talent for their abysmal morning show.

TBH Walker is the primary reason I don't listen to 650. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, StealthNuck said:

Disgusting. 

If 1040 was even remotely close to breaking even this should be viewed as a criminal act to shut the station down in the midst of a pandemic after receiving millions in government assistance.  

• Vintage 1

I really enjoyed the morning show and thought Rick found a great spot on the station .  Blake and Matt I found just wanted to pile on too much, but the rivalries btw the shows was funny.  

Hope most of these guys find a landing spot

Edited by SILLY GOOSE
  • Cheers 1

Just now, Coda said:

If 1040 was even remotely close to breaking even this should be viewed as a criminal act to shut the station down in the midst of a pandemic after receiving millions in government assistance.  

They were the second largest TSN station and mopped up 650 in the ratings here, so I imagine they were doing ok. 

2 minutes ago, TheCustodian said:

650 sucks simply because they employ Andrew Walker. If they were smart they'd immediately pickup some of 1040's talent for their abysmal morning show.

Lol I like walker.  Pushes back against fan negativity and drama a lot of times which I appreciate.  Him and Shah are the only two guys I enjoy listening to.  Cybulski ain't bad either 

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, StealthNuck said:

TBH Walker is the primary reason I don't listen to 650. 

The only thing that's moderately passable on 650 is the pre-game and post-game shows. Sat is alright, but he's shouldered with Walker all the time who is God awful.

Rintoul, Reach Deep etc. can't really anchor their own shows. At the very least they should immediately pickup Price, Halford and Brough.

Edited by TheCustodian

56 minutes ago, gurn said:

RE The Moj:

I agree the others went at him pretty hard. Seemed quite strange that they would run at him, given they lost B Mac. to depression and worked for the "Lets Talk" company.

I haven't paid attention to sportstalk radio for quite a few years now. How long has BMac been off the air? Anybody know what he's been doing?

• Like 1

Just now, StealthNuck said:

They were the second largest TSN station and mopped up 650 in the ratings here, so I imagine they were doing ok. 

What possible rationale can be behind this then?  Bell is alienating most of the hardcore sports fans in the lower mainland with this move.  

3 minutes ago, Lewlowned said:

What happened to the Moj? People said earlier that he was ragged on, but what was actually said?

it just just fun humor. He would not think people saying stuff and say something that sounded so wrong and usually it ended back firing on him in a good way.. Like when he said i like take it in the can first lol

1 minute ago, Squamfan said:

it just just fun humor. He would not think people saying stuff and say something that sounded so wrong and usually it ended back firing on him in a good way.. Like when he said i like take it in the can first lol

And the classic ham job. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Jack Fig said:

I haven't paid attention to sportstalk radio for quite a few years now. How long has BMac been off the air? Anybody know what he's been doing?

Years, like 3-5 now.

A couple weeks back, on "Bell Lets Talk Day" Taylor and Moj mentioned B Mac was doing "o.k."

18 minutes ago, gurn said:

so:

Halford

Brough

McClutchey

Taylor

Moj

Henderson

Sekeres

Price

Wiggins

Daliwahl

Surman

Fai

Chantel

Abbott

Trevor Martin

and....................

Haven't listened for a wihile, but

Andrew Wadden (yuck)  PM producer

Brook Ward  fill in / update desk

Tom Mayenknecht / business of sports

the beer guy on weekends....? Joe Leary?

BC Lions? Whitecaps?

• Thanks 1