The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

TSN 1040 has been eliminated

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

3 minutes ago, gurn said:

Very quick witted of Julio.

Add Julio to the list of the fallen.

Julio's  story of his  familytrip across the  American border was a classic.

" Hey Momma, fix that man a sandwich"

...or his dad, “why you got Nick on you shoe? You name not Nick.”

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, Squamfan said:

what? never heard this

look for it, it is hilarious, one of the true funny segments from their history. It showed up on their top 15 countdown of a couple of years back.

Julio, his Dad, Mom and siblings taking a trip to Washington State, and the chat they have with the border guard.

Yelling out the names of  Prime ministers to prove they were Canadians, then Dad looks at the guard., says "You look hungry"

"Hey Momma fix that man a sandwich".

I lost it.    Lol

Edited by gurn
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Tom Sestito said:

The industry itself is dying and big corporations want to get out asap.

1040 had 250000 listeners daily and 80% of the sports radio market share.

They also added personalities and shows over the past year. They definitely were doing fine financially

This is a greed move that accelerates the timeline of where they forecast the industry going. They’d rather allocate resources elsewhere 

Not sure where your getting the numbers from?

Because TSN 1040 had 44,700, and 650 24,000

That was back in August/2020

To give you an idea CKNW is three times the audience of both stations combined. 

1 hour ago, rychicken said:

While I quit listening some time ago, I do not like seeing people lose their jobs like this. 

i hope we can get a radio station that takes sports reporting and sports talk seriously - make it more educational, interviews, etc and less about fake debates, etc

It does suck that people lost their jobs. I’m wondering how long talk radio is really going to last into the future though.  With social media and podcasts I think traditional radio just can’t compete. At least with a podcast you can start out with 3 f bombs if you want too.  I did like 1040 though. Halfred and Brough were awesome and liked Donny and Moj. Other then that I start listening to podcasts like 31 thoughts and Spittin Chicklet

WTH

I listened to Halford and Brough every day with my morning coffee and that started my day smiling, they could be idiots sometimes but I enjoyed it. This was my pregame listen , ugh, listened since the start... I hate change. 
just brutal... 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

...or his dad, “why you got Nick on you shoe? You name not Nick.”

I was thinking about that story the other day. Instant classic. "Julio, who is this Nick and why his name written on your shirt?"

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, gurn said:

Very quick witted of Julio.

Add Julio to the list of the fallen.

Julio's  story of his  familytrip across the  American border was a classic.

" Hey Momma, fix that man a sandwich"

I remember the one when his dad went off on why he's wearing the shirt with a name that's not Julio's...

"So... your friend 'Nick' gave you that shirt?  Why would you wear a shirt with the name 'Nick' when your name is Julio?!?!?!"

"Umm... this is a NIKE shirt...."

:lol:

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Lewlowned said:

What happened to the Moj? People said earlier that he was ragged on, but what was actually said?

Well he asked a football guy about who the x factor would be and that dude jokingly said he should lose his job because that was a stupid question(asking about x factors) then the next day he basically does lose his job.

1 minute ago, Tre Mac said:

Well he asked a football guy about who the x factor would be and that dude jokingly said he should lose his job because that was a stupid question(asking about x factors) then the next day he basically does lose his job.

Ross Tucker?     A really, really good guest. He and Moj  have known each other for awhile. Ross just givingn him the gears, but it did seem that Moj was on the receiving end from almost all their hosts and many guests.

Big guy took it all in stride, but it just seemed to conflict with "Let's Talk".

1 minute ago, chilliwiggins said:

They had a following even after they lost the Canucks 

apparenetly they made money to so it seems like they dropped them to save someone else back east

Simply making money sometimes isn’t good enough.

If that money and resources they invest can make more money elsewhere.

• Upvote 1