The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tyler Myers and the Expansion Draft

Rate this topic

Patel Bure

id let myers holtby be exposed  they wont take holtby  they will take one of the russians from rangers and one from capitals.

myers getting taken frees up 6 mill

id resign tryamkin 2.5 mill per for 2 yrs  and edler for 1 yr 2.0  and hamonic 2yrs 2.0

hughes hamonic 

juolevi schmidt

edler tryamkin 

draft lukehughes

trade schmidt and horvat for jack hughes

trade miller and 2nd  for jones 

trade gaudette and virtanen  for debrusk and 3rd 

trade pearson for a 2nd 

sign a few tough 4th liners at free agency 

2022-23 

hoglander petey boeser

debrusk    j  hughes podkolzin

motte    lind/jasek 

focht 

q  hughes hamonic

l  hughes jones

juolevi   tryamkin 

demko 

depietro

Edited by canuktravella
  • Sad 1
  • RoughGame 1

22 hours ago, DarkIndianRises said:

I’m not sure if I’d go that far.  He’s not Erik Gudbranson.   Myers is a legit #4 dman, but guys earning 6 million need to be top calibre and so we’d likely be hard pressed in getting Seattle to take him off our hands.

He's a third pairing guy on a contender with a bird brain. I'm being very generous.

Edited by FlyLow_
  • Cheers 1
  • RoughGame 1

• 3 months later...

every unprotected rfa/ufa player in the league unsigned is available to seattle during their exclusive 48 hour window pre-draft.

saying this now seattle has a huge advantage over other team's in the reinhart sweepstakes. they have potential to make some crazy trades with exclusive access to every unprotected player in the league.

heck we could and should be  making deals with seattle for these players too.

seattle will know which players are available before the lists are even submitted. we can potentially trade up by exposing schmidt/myers and trading for a player they have access to. you could make a trade pre-final exposure list with future conditions in place that ensured everyone played fairly

other scenarios would be exposing schmidt/myers as long as they trade for roussel(maybe with retained salary) I would be all about exposing one of these 2  get rid of a bad contract.

If I was Benning I would be sending mega welcoming baskets to Seattle's GM, and following up with some serious trade talks.

On 2/9/2021 at 8:35 PM, iceman64 said:

yeah your missing his size on what's traditionally been a butter soft team that gets beat on with only a cpl of exceptions, in 40 years, look we can't get tough enough, you put train in there but what of he gets injured and we run up against a real team, then back to (oh well maybe next yr)

sounds so much fun like it's been for the last 40 years, why break it up now right?! who wants a cup anyway? 

Team didn't start getting soft until some point in the WCE era, and even that team was still miles ahead of where it is now.    It's the way things are now.   Connected, hate between clubs came back a little this year which was nice to see... as far as Myers goes he is what he is, part of the solution (we need more grit ty guys that can take tough minutes not less).    Not going to debate a pre-covid contract that is right on par with those signed after covid for RHDs getting their legacy deals.     Do tell what teams were the exceptions?   Late 2000's and on only really.  And that's a league wide trend.   The 80's teams were loaded with pugilists, the 70's well maybe a few years sprinkled in where we couldn't match up but not many, and the 90's had our toughest teams ever (late ones in particular but all of them really). 

On 2/10/2021 at 1:23 AM, Toyotasfan said:

Tryamkin is never going to play for the Canucks again.

just my opinion.

Lol I never understood why people thought he would. Before he played his first game in the NHL he kept saying he wants to play in the NHL then a year later he bolts to Russia. It's pretty obvious he didn't want to be a Canuck 

9 hours ago, iinatcc said:

Lol I never understood why people thought he would. Before he played his first game in the NHL he kept saying he wants to play in the NHL then a year later he bolts to Russia. It's pretty obvious he didn't want to be a Canuck 

It's also pretty obvious that this thread is ridiculous given Myers deserves the Pratt award this year. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

12 hours ago, iinatcc said:

no it was pretty evident he didn't get along with WD.. 

3 hours ago, IBatch said:

It's also pretty obvious that this thread is ridiculous given Myers deserves the Pratt award this year. 

and pretty ridiculous some think that we don't need bigger players like him around so Petey and Hughes don't get run like the Sedins did

Edited by iceman64
  • Vintage 1

On 2/9/2021 at 9:16 PM, Provost said:

Yep.  Carolina has 6 guys to protect who would all be upgrades on Myers.

So maybe best to trade myers to carolina so we get an upgrade. we would throw in some pick or prospect anf guarantee myers would not be picked. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/9/2021 at 2:28 PM, Elias Pettersson said:

I believe Myers has to be exposed in order for the Canucks to meet the ED eligibility rules for games played by a defenceman...

Not sure if anyone corrected you yet... but Bowey is on contract and meets the eligibility requirements. 

Realistically the only player worth protecting is Schmidt... I think Myers is far more useful than what CDC makes him out to be but his contract is a tad to long and that 6m is a bit too much.

Here's hoping GMJB can target some useful young defenders that are on the exposed list and find a way to snag them up. I'd definitely use some draft capital this year for that. However I kinda want Kent Johnson in the draft if he's available at the 9-11 range.

• Cheers 1

On 2/9/2021 at 11:08 PM, canuktravella said:

id let myers holtby be exposed  they wont take holtby  they will take one of the russians from rangers and one from capitals.

myers getting taken frees up 6 mill

id resign tryamkin 2.5 mill per for 2 yrs  and edler for 1 yr 2.0  and hamonic 2yrs 2.0

hughes hamonic 

juolevi schmidt

edler tryamkin 

draft lukehughes

trade schmidt and horvat for jack hughes

trade miller and 2nd  for jones 

trade gaudette and virtanen  for debrusk and 3rd 

trade pearson for a 2nd 

sign a few tough 4th liners at free agency 

2022-23 

hoglander petey boeser

debrusk    j  hughes podkolzin

motte    lind/jasek 

focht 

q  hughes hamonic

l  hughes jones

juolevi   tryamkin 

demko 

depietro

Tryamkin signed an extension in the KHL

On 5/13/2021 at 3:10 PM, IBatch said:

Myers deserves the Pratt award this year

Since Hughes won this year’s Babe Pratt Trophy, maybe give the Dave Pratt award to Myers? It’s not exactly a trophy, but a replica pair of Pratt’s infamous leather pants. Myers gets to wear them all summer. Might give him the chance to finally earn that “Big Sexy” nickname. :P

Edited by SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME