Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Is this THAT bad?...really...

Rate this topic


Recommended Posts

41 minutes ago, Crabcakes said:

Sophomore jinx is what it is.

 

Wha?  Ok Hughes.  Same for Petey.  Sure it's his 3rd season but close enough.

 

Why?  They showed tremendous success in the bubble and now they think that this game is easier than it really is.

 

My theory is that Green showed the team some video, a lot of video of them playing in the bubble before their last game.  

 

There's more to their woes than just this.  These things are complicated but this is one of about 6 things that they can target to improve performance

Hughes is in a sophomore jinx when he has a point per game average? lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, 24K PureCool said:

Erickson is like what 10 games away from 1000 games played?

We should make a deal with him, we will allow him to get to 1000 and give him all the ceremony stuff associated with it in exchange for him retiring right after or at least at the end of the season. 

Make it an ultimatum, take the deal or sit for the rest of his contract

So... get one night where he's "celebrated" in exchange for sitting for $6 million (and any prorated contract for this year, plus any prepaid bonuses)... it takes a real Loui face moment to walk from that

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

1 minute ago, Dumb Nuck said:

I thought we agreed coaching stinks, just not on the timeline of acting on it.

To be fair, if Green was fired tomorrow I'd be fine with it. If Green was still here in 2 years and we are playing well. I'd also be fine with that (it would mean we turned things around and Green got better). I'm not necessarily for or against things like that, I just tend to like to look more at the long term of where the team's going rather than the game to game and I think it's exciting where we're going as a team despite where we're at right now.

 

Horvat's what? 24? He's the oldest of our core. We're going to have good offense for a long time. Now if we could shore up some defense that would be great. ;)

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Freeridebc said:

The more I've been watching, cursing, throwing things... it got me thinking...

 

Man, there is a light at the end of this tunnel, and it's bright as eff word.

 

Never in history have we played this many games, in such a short time.

 

So here is my take. 

 

Next year we will see Toffolli twice? Next.

Hoglander looks legit.

Oli looks like he can serve a purpose.

JV is def done. And our Big Russian looks like he's ready to break our top 6.

 

Would a high pick hurt us? No.

 

There's a clear picture of who everyone is and who is expendable.

 

Let's wash this season up to what it is. A freak show. We all watched to watch the 'nucks win. 

 

But its not the end. 

Canucks need a gm coach and roster changes. This current roster lacks the motor, we need more players that actually move their feet their always once step behind the opponent. We need more players like Hoglander, hope Podz is the same.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, The Lock said:

 

To be fair, if Green was fired tomorrow I'd be fine with it. If Green was still here in 2 years and we are playing well. I'd also be fine with that (it would mean we turned things around and Green got better). I'm not necessarily for or against things like that, I just tend to like to look more at the long term of where the team's going rather than the game to game and I think it's exciting where we're going as a team despite where we're at right now.

 

Horvat's what? 24? He's the oldest of our core. We're going to have good offense for a long time. Now if we could shore up some defense that would be great. ;)

He’s 26 in a couple of months, Miller is 28 next month.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I get the Hype on Podz, but there is no guarantee that he will out perform Jake, it’s a typical grass is greener on the other side. He could easily come over and not live up to expectations. Or he could come over and score twenty goals in a season. yes,  Jake has been very disappointing but he’s still chipped in a decent amount of goals in limited ice time. He could performed a millions times better with his time on the top two lines and shows a lack a drive. But let’s keep the sure thing/ real deal for Podz till he has at least a handful of games under his belt.. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Phil_314 said:

Definitely not the end.  They could even turn things around if they got hot.  If anything it's a good way to purge and sell off any peaked assets and consolidate the roster and figure out what we have to work with going forward.  Next season probably looks something like

Miller - Petey - Brock (don't fix what's not broken)
_____ - Bo - Hoglander (if TP doesn't come back this duo can still carry things)
Roussel - _______ - Podkolzin? (presuming AG, JV and BS are all gone, they could maybe sign a center to help the 3rd line gel) 
Motte - Beagle - MacEwen (not a terrible 4th line if TM and ZM keep developing, the wingers can help drive play)

_______ - Schmidt (Edler's probably done, unless he takes a big reduction in price and role)
Hughes - Myers* (that's unless TM gets picked by Seattle; or bring back Benn?)
Juolevi - Chatfield (maybe not as a pairing but there's good pieces to work with here)
(Hopefully Hamonic can return, this blueline will need help)

Demko (he'll need help if Holtby goes in ED)

I would hope that somehow we get rid of Beagle, Roussel. Chatfield is AHL calibre.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Rick_theRyper said:

I get the Hype on Podz, but there is no guarantee that he will out perform Jake, it’s a typical grass is greener on the other side. He could easily come over and not live up to expectations. Or he could come over and score twenty goals in a season. yes,  Jake has been very disappointing but he’s still chipped in a decent amount of goals in limited ice time. He could performed a millions times better with his time on the top two lines and shows a lack a drive. But let’s keep the sure thing/ real deal for Podz till he has at least a handful of games under his belt.. 

Same was said about Hogz look where he is now. Podz has high motor like Hogz. Jake is a lazy b*m that is a waste of roster spot

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, GritGrinder said:

He’s 26 in a couple of months, Miller is 28 next month.

Okay, even then, that's not a bit difference. Pedantic is all that ends up being in the end.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, PositionOfPower said:

Same was said about Hogz look where he is now. Podz has high motor like Hogz. Jake is a lazy b*m that is a waste of roster spot

I don’t reLl have a problem with him in the bottom six scoring 15+ goals for just over 2 million 

  • Hydration 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, The Lock said:

This season is just evidence at how impatient people are. I keep hearing "well when is the right time to complain if not now?" My answer to that is give it at least a couple of years from now. We need to develop and grow as a team. Losing like this, there's a good chance it'll strengthen us for later on. If anyone seriously thinks nothing but negative about this team right now, they really need to sit down and question it,

 

In fact, I'll tell you what. If we're still playing like this in 2 years, I'll jump on that bandwagon of "we didn't do enough". However, we need to actually be playing as bad as we are now for a looooong period of time.

Lol 2 years are you crazy? Look we made playoffs only last year. The time to complain is now

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, PositionOfPower said:

I would hope that somehow we get rid of Beagle, Roussel. Chatfield is AHL calibre.

Depends on how the rest of the league is finance wise post-Covid.  The reason I kept them listed was that all the guys who left (Gaudette/ Virtanen, Pearson/ Sutter/ Edler) are either younger and should still have some value, or are UFA's.  $3 million for Beagle is still a lot when he's basically only good for face-offs.  Unless we can attach a 4th and ship him off, losing the nearly $20 million for Edler, Sutter, Pearson, Baertschi, Spooner and Benn makes keeping these two "more" palatable since they are still serviceable for what they do and we can keep building for the future without dumping draft assets.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Rick_theRyper said:

I don’t reLl have a problem with him in the bottom six scoring 15+ goals for just over 2 million 

Sorry he wont reach that this year. And bottom six crucial role is to provide energy which He lacks as a floater. Doesnt hit nor fight anymore

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, PositionOfPower said:

Sorry he wont reach that this year. And bottom six crucial role is to provide energy which He lacks as a floater. Doesnt hit nor fight anymore

He had two big gaffs the last game but I still think Him and Sutter and Zak (few games ago) were a decent 3rd and even when he was playing with Beahle and Motte on the fourth the game before last, he wasn’t playing that bad. I had a way harder time watch Pyatt and Bernier than I do Jake... 

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, CaptKirk888 said:

Hughes is in a sophomore jinx when he has a point per game average? lol

Expectations here are nuts, I was saying this at home the other game. Guys leading the team almost still having a lull season. 

  • Hydration 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...